Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloody drug tests! Anyone know jobs that don't test?

Thanks

Default Bloody drug tests! Anyone know jobs that don't test?

Hi folks,

Been off the site for a couple of months. Had pressing matters to attend to etc. In the meantime I've been looking at changing job because I really resent my employer bringing in random drug testing. I fully understand that it's necessary in many fields, for example, life-and-death jobs like medical or other emergency services. Or other fields like electricians or train drivers. Could name a long list of jobs where safety is critical, in fact, so I can understand being tested in such jobs. On the other hand, I reckon as long as I'm not showing up for work still under the influence then what I do in my spare time should be my business. Especially if I'm just picking items in a distribution warehouse or shuffling paperwork in an admin role.

So...can anyone suggest a job or jobs that don't require testing? Please don't respond with answers about buying fake piss or drinking water to flush the body or any of that malarky. I used to carry out drug testing at a previous employer and I know all the tricks. I'm not looking try to cheat it and live by the seat of my pants. Just want to go to work, do my job and be free to live as I wish when not on my employer's clock.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenfiend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), M_C (13-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Burger King and McDonalds don't drug test in the UK. Unless they've changed their policy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks Aspie Toker. Good to know there are options.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greenfiend For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-12-16), GEORGE (13-12-16)

Thanks

I worked for a company before who brought in random testing...i was exempt as i was hired before the policy was put in place....might be worth looking into

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), Greenfiend (13-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfiend View Post
    Thanks Aspie Toker. Good to know there are options.
    No problem. I used to work on the Railways many years ago. They never did drug testing in those days. Now they do, so even if a company doesn't do it yet, they may do in the future.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudsAlot View Post
    I worked for a company before who brought in random testing...i was exempt as i was hired before the policy was put in place....might be worth looking into
    Thanks SirBuds but it's a blanket policy. No exceptions

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    No problem. I used to work on the Railways many years ago. They never did drug testing in those days. Now they do, so even if a company doesn't do it yet, they may do in the future.
    Yeah, it seems to be the way things are going. I've heard railway is strict but I kinda understand that. Well, depending on the job within the railway industry. Just hoping for the UK following the lead of other countries and then it could be swung on medical grounds. Turning into a nanny state for sure.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenfiend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Fancy a job as a Gigilo mucker

Up the irons

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Cull (13-12-16), GEORGE (13-12-16), Greenfiend (13-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

worked driving taxis till i was 60, then i got myself real fit with courier work delivering to houses, no drug test on either job.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), Greenfiend (13-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

I work in horticulture where despite the range of heavy machinery and chemicals, no one gives a shite what I really do and there's nothing like cut grass to explain the smell of...grass
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (17-12-16), GEORGE (13-12-16), Greenfiend (13-12-16), happyjack (13-12-16), Type M (13-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-16), Greenfiend (13-12-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast