Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: feeding multi pal times a day when rooted ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Right guys. I've done bodybuilding and I've grown in coco lol.
    So my opinion is - they don't compare and got noting in common!
    I would only feed once a day 1 hour after the lights are on with enough feed solution to give you 20% runoff and you will have a successful grow with great results.
    The only time I would feed twice will be if your plants are too big for their pots and the root mass is huge. Than can cause the coco to dry out very quickly and you DON'T want that. In that case I would give them another watering with the same feed solution as earlier. The only trouble with that is that your humidity will be higher during the lights off period so you must be careful with that.
    I tend to agree, I tried multi feeds and as Bud Lightyear has stated it makes little difference - The Americans love it, but I haven't seen much difference.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

trouble with going straight into big pot, they wont need feeding for a while till the roots are fully grown, potting up a couple of times gives me better control of giving plants the nutriants they need. is to much trouble for me to feed twice everyday, once they get to the start of budding i feed once each day, last couple of grows kept healthy till the start of flush with big heavy colas

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoobles View Post
    Nice one Burt, cheer bro, when u say should always go wet to dry cycle, could u elaborate on this a little just so i have it clear in my head what u actually me, thanks again bud
    Water them then wait for them to drink it and the pot
    To become light in weight before watering again.
    Water,dry out,water,dry out.

Yourll over water an drown them if you don't let them
    Dry out in between

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

scoobles (12-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post

Dry out in between
    Isn't that more of a soil technique? I was under the impression it's important to keep Coco moist, not letting it dry out to avoid salt build up and one of the appeals with Coco is that it's spongy airatedness makes its a lot harder to over water. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I water well established plants everyday in Coco. I've thought about multiple feeds thinking that this would theoretically drag fresh oxygen in each watering but Havnt tried it yet

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-01-17), ERBURT (12-01-17), scoobles (12-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You are right but the same applies in coco
    Wet to dry cycle is best
    Water once a day in coco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post

Dry out in between
    Ive read a few of bud lightyears posts which say you must feed every day in coco to flush out the unused nutes, youre saying to allow the coco to dry before re feeding, im a bit confused now!

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scoobles View Post
    Ive read a few of bud lightyears posts which say you must feed every day in coco to flush out the unused nutes, youre saying to allow the coco to dry before re feeding, im a bit confused now!
    No don't let it dry out, keep it wet, its classed as hydro fr a reason... aslong as you got a big root mass you can plough the feed in with no ill effect

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-01-17), Bethmeg (13-01-17), ERBURT (14-01-17), rockhopper (13-01-17), scoobles (13-01-17)

Thanks

What about my theory on feeding little and often to drag oxygen? Or am I talking shit, I water via dripper rings with a digital timer so I could set it to run for as little as 1 minute at a time as many times as required if it may be beneficial. At the moment I just have it set up to replicate handwatering daily

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hanny098 View Post
    What about my theory on feeding little and often to drag oxygen? Or am I talking shit, I water via dripper rings with a digital timer so I could set it to run for as little as 1 minute at a time as many times as required if it may be beneficial. At the moment I just have it set up to replicate handwatering daily
    reckon you would get salt build up. without gettin run off ? in coco anyway

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (13-01-17), Bethmeg (13-01-17), ERBURT (14-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hanny098 View Post
    As long as you are getting a little run off everytime then I think multiple waterings can be more beneficial once plants are established.

You are right in thinking that this way you are giving oxygen more often,which is what we want in coco.

Have to be careful of salt build up so I would also offer regular flushing with a mild ph'd nutrient solution.

Take my flood and drain system.I can flood 6 times a day with fully established plants,granted I use pebbles but when I ran coco I did 4 floods a day all recirculating too,no run off.
    Like I say as long as you make sure you keep on top of any salt build up then you really cant overwater coco.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (13-01-17), ERBURT (14-01-17), joker_the_smoker (13-01-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast