Thread: Topping and lollipopping advice tips

Thanks

Default Topping and lollipopping advice tips

Hi just got back into growing after a few years away and I used to just grow normal traditional shaped plants and got ok results but something re lit the bug again and back into it but this time i want to try topping i know the basics but I just want some extra help from you guys as ive seen some beauties here. I've topped 1 now 3rd node over a week ago and the new growth is about 2-3 inches long how long do they need to be before flipping? How long into flower do you remove suckers to achieve lollipops? Any other tips would be great cheers guys

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itsagas69 For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (18-12-16), GEORGE (18-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Hey Gas.. you should allow 5-7 days for recovery before flipping them.. and when to flip is up to you..it's also strain dependant. bare in mine that some strains double in size once flipped.. the stretch period usually lasts about 2 weeks.. and that's when you remove all the lower growth

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

edgar62 (18-12-16), GEORGE (18-12-16), noodle (18-12-16)

Thanks

Ok mate ill flipp it tonight now need room for my bodhi beans cant wait now my xmas present ha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Itsagas69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

For lolly popping you can wait until the stretch starts to come to a halt during 12/12 then remove any lower growth that hasn't reached the canopy. If you feel confident enough you can remove the lower growth before hand. This will direct all the plants energy into the top growth

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks

Just looked at your grow now mate im looking for similar results, how long did you veg them for? And what a coincidence I've got psychosis myself and it's the stinkiest weed I've ever come across the Last time i done it my neighbour 6 doors down could smell 4 plants its the nuts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Itsagas69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks

Ahh very handy to know,do you have any tips on feeding schedule i want to do it properly this time i have canna rhizo pk 13/14 bloom boost and cal mag just in case is there anything else that you would recommend cheers mate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Itsagas69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itsagas69 View Post
    Ahh very handy to know,do you have any tips on feeding schedule i want to do it properly this time i have canna rhizo pk 13/14 bloom boost and cal mag just in case is there anything else that you would recommend cheers mate
    The first tip would be to use the cal mag as a folia spray within the first two weeks of 12/12 as a precautionary measure... Mix up 1-2ml per L into a spray bottle,During lights on raise your light to its highest point and then give the plants a good soaking including the underside of the leaves. Turn your fans up full tilt then once dry lower your light back to its original position.. We can't really offer anymore tips until we know what medium your growing in?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks

Shit just wrote a reply didn't send lol, I'll try what you suggested blue nice one fella, in regards to my medium im using dutch pro soil mix perlite my water from the tap is 6.5 and looked up my water quality last night and noticed it had trace of calmag in it which is handy and the water is left 48 hrs before giving it to them, started using molasses this time too read good things about it, do you recommend it?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Itsagas69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itsagas69 View Post
    started using molasses this time too read good things about it, do you recommend it?
    molasses looks to be a good addition to the grow, I've never used it myself. I grow in coco with pk and a flower booster

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-16)