Thread: Advice needed

Thanks

Default Advice needed

Im trying to start my own grow soon, a small grow of around 3 plants.

what i need to know is

1. Whats the best light? ( ideally i want to use just 1, maby on a cord so i can move it around.)
    2. whats the best seeds ( i think im going to use auto's, the least smell the better.)
    3. how connect my light to electrics of my house

Also just basic tips on growing in small areas and reducing smell. i plan on using just water and light. im on a very low budget so the cheaper the better

Any help would be greatly apprecated

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HashBandicoot View Post
    Im trying to start my own grow soon, a small grow of around 3 plants.

what i need to know is

1. Whats the best light? ( ideally i want to use just 1, maby on a cord so i can move it around.) ~ CFL light, go for a 250w RED one ok
    2. whats the best seeds ( i think im going to use auto's, the least smell the better.) ~ Auto varieties can smell just as bad as any other can,
    3. how connect my light to electrics of my house, ~ the usual plug method

Also just basic tips on growing in small areas and reducing smell. i plan on using just water and light. im on a very low budget so the cheaper the better

Any help would be greatly apprecated
    look here for lights --> Compact Flourescent Lights

hope that helps

dj#
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

2 or 3 auto plants wont smell.. you will have to be next to them to smell them

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Vetran View Post
    2 or 3 auto plants wont smell.. you will have to be next to them to smell them
    thats not good advice vetran
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    thats not good advice vetran
    Why dont you think this is not good advice wert??

I have never grown a auto so i may be wrong.. But i have grown strains such as..

Blue cheese
    Cheese
    Super Silver
    Lemon
    Mango

Most of the time about 30 in a nft tray and they have not stunk untill i chop them down... What i mean is you dont smell them untill you open the grow room door... So in my eyes.. What i wrote was good enough advice...

3 plants would give other feck all of a smell would they really ?? Untill you cut it down..

Amen

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

no offence meant vetran,i just thought with the amount of first time growers about saying that three autos give off no smell to worry about may send the wrong message to a novice.
    apart from that there are strong smelling strains which more or less gurentee a smelly harvest but many strains may range fom a not so smelly pheno to a stronger smelling one. few strains that are hybrids[autos]will smell the same strength throughout a crop grown from seed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    no offence meant vetran,i just thought with the amount of first time growers about saying that three autos give off no smell to worry about may send the wrong message to a novice.
    apart from that there are strong smelling strains which more or less gurentee a smelly harvest but many strains may range fom a not so smelly pheno to a stronger smelling one. few strains that are hybrids[autos]will smell the same strength throughout a crop grown from seed.
    No offence taken mate And yeah i will agree with you there. when it come to a NEW person growing canna.

Ofcorse people like me and you are prob amune to the smells that come with growing it

Amen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vetran View Post
    Ofcorse people like me and you are prob amune to the smells that come with growing it
    yeh that is a problem in its self, becoming immune to the smell!

i always ask my best mate, who's the only one who knows im growing and i trust completely, if there's ever a noticable smell of weed any time he comes along
    i use constant measures to mask the smell with plug-in air freshners and i burn incense constantly too, but i do that whether im growing or not

thankfully its always been masked apart from harvest time, when it stinks! and then gradually disappeares after the first few drying days

remember you get used to the smell, but others dont so play it safe

Thanks

Thanks very much DJ# this helps alot. im planning on doing just 3 small plants. maby a foot tall at the very most. il let use all know how i get along when i get my equipment etc!. thanks folks!