Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: When to switch bloom nutes

Viz Guest

Ah ok Auto then you really don't have time to let the plant recover.

Good luck.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-12-16), liquiddiscos (23-12-16), thrashordie (19-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,254 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Flush your plant with normal tap water, and only use nutes when the plants need them. In soil there is no need for nutes during the veg period as a rule. Your plants will show you when you needed to feed them.
    No need for nutes in veg when growing in soil? Damn, what kind of soil are you using? Lol. I guess if your only vegging for 2-3 weeks that might work. With my soil, it only has enough nutes for about 2 weeks. I usually veg for about 5-6 weeks and always have to add nutes or else I will start seeing nitrogen deficiancies almost exactly at 2 weeks veg. In response to the original poster, I would start bloom nutes on an auto about 1 week after I start seeing pre flowers. I'm not a pro by any means but that's just my 2 cents. Anyways, Good luck on the grow bud. Hope it's all smooth sailing.

Ghost

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostPGE For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-12-16), GOAT (07-01-17)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPGE View Post
    No need for nutes in veg when growing in soil? Damn, what kind of soil are you using? Lol. I guess if your only vegging for 2-3 weeks that might work. With my soil, it only has enough nutes for about 2 weeks. I usually veg for about 5-6 weeks and always have to add nutes or else I will start seeing nitrogen deficiancies almost exactly at 2 weeks veg. In response to the original poster, I would start bloom nutes on an auto about 1 week after I start seeing pre flowers. I'm not a pro by any means but that's just my 2 cents. Anyways, Good luck on the grow bud. Hope it's all smooth sailing.

Ghost

Go have a look at how my girls are doing mate. Seem just peachy to me. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070508942

Then you judge for yourself. And I used cheapo stuff from Homebase.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GhostPGE (24-12-16)

Thanks

Go have a look at how my girls are doing mate. Seem just peachy to me. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070508942

Then you judge for yourself. And I used cheapo stuff from Homebase.
    Hmmm nice. Those look phanominal. I wonder why mine need feeding sooner. Lights maybe. I use a 900 watt LED, a 315 Watt 3000k Ceramic MH and a 400 Watt MH for veg. Maybe it causes them to eat more. Or it could just be that the strains I have done were heavy eaters. Who know. But hey, whatever works for us right? Lol.

Ghost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GhostPGE For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPGE View Post
    Hmmm nice. Those look phanominal. I wonder why mine need feeding sooner. Lights maybe. I use a 900 watt LED, a 315 Watt 3000k Ceramic MH and a 400 Watt MH for veg. Maybe it causes them to eat more. Or it could just be that the strains I have done were heavy eaters. Who know. But hey, whatever works for us right? Lol.

Ghost

That could be it, or simply that each and every bag of soil is different even if they are the same brand. Jacks Magic is what I bought. Other folks who have bought the same stuff have complained of Nutrient burn when the seedlings where small, others have had to feed after ten days. The ones that I used may just have had heaps of nutrient in them.

And you are spot on my friend, what ever works and produces weed at the end is a success. How you enjoying the CDM lamp, assume it is the same kind as I am using.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GhostPGE (24-12-16)

Thanks

That could be it, or simply that each and every bag of soil is different even if they are the same brand. Jacks Magic is what I bought. Other folks who have bought the same stuff have complained of Nutrient burn when the seedlings where small, others have had to feed after ten days. The ones that I used may just have had heaps of nutrient in them.

And you are spot on my friend, what ever works and produces weed at the end is a success. How you enjoying the CDM lamp, assume it is the same kind as I am using.
    So far I'm loving it. Just picked it up last month so I haven't had much time with it yet. I use Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil with about 20 - 30 percent added perlite. This time around in adding some Dolomite Lime to because I switched to R.O water cause I have hard water where I am and we use water softener which really fu**s up the plants with a butt load of salt buildup in the soil. Hopefully this round im doing now will stay healthier with the R.O. You already popped in to my new diary I just started. I will add it to my sig later. Hoping for a nice clear water smooth sailing ride this time through and through.

Ghost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GhostPGE For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3