Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Almost Harvest - Turning Hermaphrodites

Thanks

Default Almost Harvest - Turning Hermaphrodites

Hi Guys

It is our first ever grow and it was only the other day i posted up about how good i thought they were looking! Please have a look here on this
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ster-Kush-No-1

We have a 1.2x1.2x2m tent, 600W HPS Dual spec, started vegging under a 300W HPS and using a 6" inch rhino filter with RVK Fan.
    For the last month or so we have been keeping the humidity between 40 ~ 47% ish and temps are peek 28c at the top of the tent and 24/26c at the bottom of the tent where the plants are.
    We are using BioBiz Nuts and have been using 4ML Grow and Bloom for some time now.

We are 6 weeks and 4 days into flowering since the flip and were expecting to start using the Nute flush in the next few days.

This is perhaps a blessing in disguise, as the missus was going to pull of a nug off and dry it for us to test out in a couple days, a bit of a tease smoke but as she picked it apart noticed lots of little seed cases.

We have three in total and the far back left is the one that is having this problem....It looks the most done as most of the hairs are now brown rather than white, but they have not densed/fattened up any where as much as the other two which still have mostly white hairs.

I will get more pictures later when the lamp comes back on as this same plant is also showing white/yellowing from the outside in on the higher leave
    Should this plant be pulled out and cut and removed from the grow? Should we pull a couple small buds of the other plants to check?

What has caused this? Over Nutrients? Heat Stress? (we noticed about two weeks ago the one that was going white / yellow was directly under the lamp so we moved the lamp up and spun the plant around so it wasn't directly under...)
    Have we just simply left it too long?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-12-16), Blue (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16), M_C (20-12-16), Oxy (21-12-16), SmobyToker#1 (20-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Do you have any light leaks at all mate ? Have you checked your tent? Is everything okay with your timer?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Blue (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Do you have any light leaks at all mate ? Have you checked your tent? Is everything okay with your timer?
    Hi

last time i checked for light leaks would have been about 7 weeks ago and when i put my hand in front of my face literately touching i could not see it lol. The passive in vent gets very little light if any at all that actually enters the tent, i will test again later but i'm pretty confident that the answer is no, no light leaks.

Timer is ok. Always switches back on at the same time of a night and back off in the morning, there has been one day where i woke them up an hour earlier but that is it.

It's worth mentioning that Three plants in total. The other two look like they're still fattening up with lots of white hairs...This one we're talking about is probably like 50/60% brown already and after picking it apart found these little shell type things.
    So probably not light leaks?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Blue (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Hmm.. do you have any radiators, fan heaters, extension leads or anything in the tent that produces any light from the switches?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-12-16), Blue (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

It were the cold that caused my blue cheese to turn.
    Cold dwc temps and cold air temps.

Theres always a chance a female seed could herm if it is stressed in any way.

Have you seen any bananas or pollen?If not then I wouldnt worry,but it is a little early to be chopping @ 40 days 12/12.

Maybe remove her to be on the safe side as she will jut continue to produce seeds and may infect the others.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Blue (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16), JB (07-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

This can be caused by many things such as mentioned light leaks, temps, stress and over and under watering.. Have you double checked the other plants? If it's just the one out of three id say it's not environment related and more so down to the gentics of the stain. It can happen from time to time when using feminsed seeds as herifmadite plants are used in the breeding process and the traits can be passed through into the offspring. I'd remove it and continue with the others

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16)

Thanks

Hmm.. do you have any radiators, fan heaters, extension leads or anything in the tent that produces any light from the switches?
    We did have a fan heater in there a few weeks on a wireless thermostat but it wasn't really needed so i removed it (about 3 weeks ago, again no lights). Temps never really drop below 18c and that's only if the front door has been open for half hour or so, shutting the door soon restores the temp back to 22~26c.
    No lights being emitted, just the lamp in there now with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    It were the cold that caused my blue cheese to turn.
    Cold dwc temps and cold air temps.

Theres always a chance a female seed could herm if it is stressed in any way.

Have you seen any bananas or pollen?If not then I wouldnt worry,but it is a little early to be chopping @ 40 days 12/12.

Maybe remove her to be on the safe side as she will jut continue to produce seeds and may infect the others.
    Have not seen any bananas or pollen but will have a closer inspection tonight and get back to you. I'll get pictures up as the pictures compared to the other two make it look 'ready'

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    This can be caused by many things such as mentioned light leaks, temps, stress and over and under watering.. Have you double checked the other plants? If it's just the one out of three id say it's not environment related and more so down to the gentics of the stain. It can happen from time to time when using feminsed seeds as herifmadite plants are used in the breeding process and the traits can be passed through into the offspring. I'd remove it and continue with the others
    Watering has been kinda an issue. I water and give them 5L of water every two days.
    Say i water it tonight, it'd be 48 hours from then - 24 hours and the soil is still moist, 24 hours and the soil is pretty hard / dry.
    Other plants have been treated to the same watering system.

The seeds were Master Kush No 1 and were feminized.

It's also worth noting that a about a week and a half ago we pruned loads of massive fan leaves as these were massively covering up the buds and were seriously bushy. Could this have caused it to turn? Again the other ones were pruned to the same extents.
    Last edited by Html33; 20-12-16 at 01:58 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Yes prunning can cause feminised plants to hermie mate .. it must be done slowly in a few different stages if you're doing it...otherwise the plant will be get stressed and think his life is coming to an end and start producing seeds.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-12-16), GEORGE (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16)

Thanks

Yes prunning can cause feminised plants to hermie mate .. it must be done slowly in a few different stages if you're doing it...otherwise the plant will be get stressed and think his life is coming to an end and start producing seeds.
    Bollocks. I bet that's contributed to it at least as we really did hammer it quite hard.

Ok moving forward from what has caused it - What should we be doing / Looking for now?

The one that i am posting about, should we cut it and just go with what we have or should i try and flush it out before cropping it and try and preserve it? I don't think there are any tell tail signs from the outside of the buds.

I assume it's worth opening a couple buds on the other plants to check?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    . I'd remove it and continue with the others
    ^What Blue said. @ 40 days after being on 12/12 it won't be ready. I won't be risking keeping it in the same groom as the others.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-16), Html33 (20-12-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast