Thread: Sonlight Hyperled G3+ - LED purhcase advice

Thanks

Default Sonlight Hyperled G3+ - LED purhcase advice

Hi there

I'm looking to buy a little light for a 80x80x160 test tent.

I'm from the EU, and would prefer not to have to pay all kinds of crazy import charges from the US, so the light has be from inside the EU, which leaves me with very few choices it seems.

I was looking at the KIND and the Budmaster lights, but i don't feel like paying up quite that much just yet, but i do still want an efficient and quality built light if at all possible.

This is the light i ended up favoring of the ones i had looked at: (not allowed to post links -.-) It's the Sonlight Hyperled G3+ from hydroponics.eu at 180w real draw

It's still a little more expensive than i would have liked for a unit that size, but with seemingly very limited options it is what i feel left with.

What do you guys think? Is there something particularly good/bad about this one?

Do you think i can do better for the same general price point, or even cheaper?

Cheers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Horr0r For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16)

Viz Guest

Not being funny but some of the cheap Ebay Chinese LED are doing as good a job as the ten times more expensive KIND (put intended). Branding on LED and choosing LED lighting for a grow is less simple than it should have been.

All the UK Hydro shops ship to the EU so plenty of choice where to buy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16)

Thanks

Any in particular?

They all pretty much look the same and claim much the same to me, yet you would agree that there is a world of a difference between an HS1 75w, like the ones Tang grows with, and a 90watt 'UFO' thingy from ebay, right? or is that where i'm wrong?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Horr0r For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16)

Viz Guest

Tang is growing with Northern LED I think and yes there is a difference and world of difference in price too.

Bay item number:172221368808 was £58 and is still at that price in his other listings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

I got an No name, and it looks exactly like Morsen I bought, and the Morsen doesn't even have it's name on it, so I'm guessing they are all the same, if they are those double 5W/ 10W LED's from China. ha And they do a good job, like Viz say's. I got a 1000W no name for $99.00 bucks, and a 300W wellPar, for $64.00 bucks. It is the little one with the one fan on the back. the 1000W is the one in the back with the larger one. And they are both 10W Double chip 5W, and the 300W is 60/5W. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4320.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	337363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4093.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	337364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4092.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	337365  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Horr0r (21-12-16)