Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My new groom project.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Default My new groom project.

Exciting times ahead for me,as not only do I love diy (within my capabilities and if I have the right tools which I never ususally have),but Im creating a room to do what I love doing best (well next to smoking them)and thats growing lovely sweet buds

Im not getting any younger,my aches and pains are getting worse so I need to get out of this attic,and Im sick of tents,Iv never grown in anything else,apart from the odd wardrobe,bedroom floor etc etc.

Im going down into my cellar which may be a wrong move as its a damp place atm,but outside of the house needs some ground pointing so I think its fixable.

This is what I have to work with Its 2metres tapering to 1.5metres wide by just under 4 metres.
    Height is around 1.85m I think,not as tall as my tent,and will be less than this once the floor is insulated and the ceiling boarded.
    Iv had 3 double sockets put in today at a cost of £70

Will be having a tap fitted soon as my handyman has time.

This is the entrance.I havnt decided yet whether this will have a door on it or just a curtain with boxes in front or something.Just generally hiding it.
    I will be making a wall about a metre in with a door on it which will all be fully insulated so depending on fan noise will determine whether I go with a second door.
    My concern is my meters are down here in the cellar next door and the meter man will have to walk by this opening to get to them.

The idea being the res will be in the curtained off bit out of the actual grow room.And a space to keep all the bits and bobs.

I have a window.I havnt decided yet on how Im going to do my airflow.
    I have a few options,and any suggestions would be muchly appreciated as this is really my only concern about the whole room.FAN NOISE ARGHHH lol.

I have to consider the light coming in and going out from the window so Iv been thinking of boxing it out but removable in some way as this is where ill be piping any waste out.

Iv just had a brainwave whilst writing this,Im gonna ask my handyman to create a hidden waste pipe so I can pump straight into the garden.

I could passively take from the cellar next door which has a coal hole so plenty of fresh air access there.
    Id rather be sucking from than blowing into this room as thats where the meters are.

I could create a hole on the other side of the groom to blow into,theres a cellar there that you cant access,my only concern there is our main living room is above and as the floor isnt insulated you may be able to hear the airflow??

Little alcove.Going to get a metal shelf system and have my ballasts and controllers here.

Theres a massive stone table thats going to need some serious back breaking shit to get out

I have some polystyrene insulation slabs and some moisture proof plasterboards for the ceiling,soundproof would have been better buts it was all free so it will be being used.

I shall be water sealing the walls then boarding them and the floor with kingspans cheapest equivalent.
    Fully line with Orca sheeting and hopefully be good to go.

Will take me a little while.
    Ill update as I progress.
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 22-12-16 at 03:52 AM.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (15-01-17), Bfg (09-01-17), Blue (22-12-16), Cull (22-12-16), Dazmandaz (22-12-16), ERBURT (22-12-16), EyeEyePickle (09-01-17), Ganjaholic (22-12-16), Ginger-bud (09-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), imnice (24-12-16), joker_the_smoker (22-12-16), kbag (15-01-17), M_C (22-12-16), Oxy (08-01-17), Peanut butter (31-03-18), rockhopper (09-01-17), TheHottDawg (22-12-16), TOKER_REX (16-06-17), TomKing (28-04-17), turnkey (28-02-18), Type M (27-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi Beth,

Have you thought about smart meters? Or, don't answer the door when the meter man arrives, and you can phone your reading through.

I know with smart meters, the meter man doesn't have to come in at all.

Just an idea.

TAT

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-12-16), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), imnice (24-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Hi Beth,

Have you thought about smart meters? Or, don't answer the door when the meter man arrives, and you can phone your reading through.

I know with smart meters, the meter man doesn't have to come in at all.

Just an idea.

TAT
    Cheers dear.

No not bothered about them tbh,Iv read conflicting stuff abut them rounding up when the tariff changes during the day generally penny pinching.

Its not that bad tbh.Im online with scottish power so only get about 2 visits a year if that.I get an email and give them a reading it hopefully keeps them away.

We were doing some gardening during the summer when the last one came.I was walking down the drive as he were coming towards me.
    If that happened once the groom is running I know my heart will start racing for sure lol.It dont take much for me to get that dreaded feeling in my stomach.

I did think about asking for a cut off switch at the top of the cellar steps as I have to turn the light on for them I could easily flick a switch at the same time to shut down the groom,but I thought that was a bit over the top.

But it will be stealth or it just wont happen,my fella will make sure of that,hes morngy

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), imnice (24-12-16), M_C (22-12-16)

camkush Guest

All I know is, that I'm jealous. I hope it all works out and I can't wait to see the transformation!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-12-16), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

No worries. As long as you've got it covered.

The only other idea I has was to cover the wall in chains, handcuffs etc. Make it look like a sex dungeon. When he visits, let him in once so he sees it. Then say, please don't come again as my husband will be extremely embarrassed if he knew.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-12-16), Glynne (15-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    All I know is, that I'm jealous. I hope it all works out and I can't wait to see the transformation!
    Thank you very kindly dear

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    No worries. As long as you've got it covered.

The only other idea I has was to cover the wall in chains, handcuffs etc. Make it look like a sex dungeon. When he visits, let him in once so he sees it. Then say, please don't come again as my husband will be extremely embarrassed if he knew.
    OO er

There is a lot of road noise too right where he will be stood reading them so Im feeling better about it already.

Just the in laws that concern me really as long as they cant hear it noone else matters lol

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Glynne (15-01-17), M_C (22-12-16)

Thanks

Good luck Beth I've been using hyperfans as I've got to sleep next to them and they are silent! Although mine are turned right down to minimum. Not sure what your using now but might be worth having a look at.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

looks like it has the potential to be belta groom there beth. this mean beth gona be getting her hands dirty good luck amigo look forward to seeing the updates

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Keeno Guest

Cant wait to see this Beth, good luck!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Gona be calling you Beth pinkman
    Looks a good space good luck with it.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast