Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My new groom project.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Evening Beth I'd pull the air from inside your house and extract the air using a stealthy waste pipe as big as you can get like for a toilet and get it ran just above the height of the house will even pull air with no fan on like a chimney .

sent from mission control
    Forgive me my dear Im stoned.

I had to read that 5 times trying to figure it out lol.

Wouldnt you hear the air going through the pipe? also wouldnt that look a bit circumspect I dont know.

This would mean drilling the walls yes?

Thanks dear appreciate any pointers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Ganjaholic (09-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Thanks

Loving this idea, wish I had a cellar. I'm about to dig one under my shed to grow, will follow yours!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (09-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Hopper Guest

Just do a sauna, I'm in!

Whatever can make you get if you want a really decent one the likes of gekko or tornado are good, they are acoustic high power box fans, the brand isn't important, just make sure they use torin make motors for the actual fan in the box

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Forgive me my dear Im stoned.

I had to read that 5 times trying to figure it out lol.

Wouldnt you hear the air going through the pipe? also wouldnt that look a bit circumspect I dont know.

This would mean drilling the walls yes?

Thanks dear appreciate any pointers
    The idea is to make it look like a waste water pipe . That way it's normal for it to run above the roof line of your house and who puts there head next to the poo pipe . No body I know even stands that close to the poop pipe . Do you have a chimney you could use instead of having a stealthy poo pipe . Only ideas

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    The idea is to make it look like a waste water pipe . That way it's normal for it to run above the roof line of your house and who puts there head next to the poo pipe . No body I know even stands that close to the poop pipe . Do you have a chimney you could use instead of having a stealthy poo pipe . Only ideas

Its a great idea and would work well,but the wall it would have to be on,I know someone would eventually ask me why it was there as the only bathroom/toilet is on the other side of the house.
    Unfortunately Iv had my chimneys capped

But you did get me thinking last night,I like the idea of taking from the house so Im definately going with that.I shall be putting vents in the false wall.

Thank you dear

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), M_C (12-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

But does anyone know you had the cellar converted into a wet room with toilet if you have a chimney in the house you could drag a duct up the chimney and somehow connect it to the cellar . Would you get away with a concealed duct in a corner of the house somewhere boxed in with plasterboard and decorated(like a dry riser) to match your rooms ( like your own chimney ) any of these options because your in the cellar will naturally drag air out continually even without the fan being on .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (09-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), happyjack (30-04-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Thanks

Thanks for showing interest guys it actually spurred me on to do some work today.

Its all very bodge it and noggin

Was very pleased with my handiwork only to think "why did I only use the spirit level half way through the job"
    Now I cant get the screws out lol.

Ill pop some pics up in a bit,like a bombs dropped

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-17), Cull (10-01-17), Dazmandaz (10-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), M_C (12-01-17), noodle (13-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17), walshy (09-01-17)

Thanks

Oh! That's really a cool occasion to grow some nice pots.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadKoala For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadKoala View Post
    Oh! That's really a cool occasion to grow some nice pots.
    Thanks very much dear

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Glynne (15-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17)

Thanks

Hello peeps.

Some update pics of whats been going on.

Insulated all the ceiling with rockwool,double layered it.I remembered I had 3 rolls left in the attic whilst looking at kingspan prices lol.
    So no extra cost involved there.Boarded most of the ceiling with soundboard.

Iv decided to use the polystyrene stuff I have on the floor instead.

Another freebie that I had lying around was this damproof stuff,so Im putting that all around the edges and under the studwall to protect from the ground.

Decided to go for wood battens and insulate with the rockwool as an alternative to kingspan on the walls.

Cost £65

Also got 5 sheets of soundboard as I didnt want to cut corners here.Only bought 5 as you get them cheaper,I think theres far too much,we will see.
    Any leftovers and the moistureboard I have will come in for the other cellar,nothing gets wasted in this house.
    Cost £85

Im just wedging the battens in and fixing to the ceiling joists,not the wall,they feel solid enough,like I say,bodgit and noggin

Started the stud wall.Other half said I should have waited as its in the way,Im like how is it?
    Shortly afterwards I cracked my nose on the cross batten that was wedged in,nearly knocked it clean out with my pecker,not nice I tell thee,Iv now removed said cross till the end lol.

Today we tackled this,after about 6 whacks fella nearly threw in the towel and I thought bloody hell am I really gonna have to do it.

It gave way in the end thankfully

Need a small amount of floor repair doing.

Last job of the day knocked a few bricks out for the extraction duct,Im going 10" with this I think......10 or 8,10 or 8....mmmmm

This will be leading to the cellar where the coalhole is

Been the growshop today to pick up some bits asked to listen to the fans,The tornado box fan which I was really interested in is far too big for my liking,wasnt impressed with the noise either.

I am sold on the phresh hyperfan,they make hardly any noise, he plugged in the 12" and I were well impressed,and thats without a filter.
    I just need to decide whether to go 8 or 10",the prices vary massively between each and massively between shops it seems.
    The chap who owns the store will usually pricematch anything I find online and throw something in if you are spending so Ill research prices before I go back.

Thanks for looking in

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (23-01-17), Chunked1 (14-01-17), Cull (14-01-17), EyeEyePickle (15-01-17), Glynne (15-01-17), redisiel (15-01-17), walshy (15-01-17)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast