Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trimming my buds

Thanks

Default Trimming my buds

Hi everyone i think its harvest day today, think the plant may av another week or so in her but today is the only chance ive got to harvest it as im goin on hol

Most the hairs r turnin amber but on the main cola its just the tips of the hairs turning, not the whole thiing yet. Will this be ok?

And should i trim the leaves off straight after pickin or wait till its dried out?

Cheers people
    I think weed is natures way of sayin HI

My Outdoor Prep Work
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-they-ll-be-ok

Outdoor Feminized 4 Purple Power, 4 Purple Maroc, 1 Easy sativa
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-1-Easy-sativa)

Thanks

i find its easier to trim the leaves off straight away, then hang the trimmed bud to dry
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Monty Bong Guest

Is it the pistals or the trichomes that are turning amber, if it's just the tips of the pistals that are browning it sound's like she might have a way to go before she'll be finished, can you get any pics up?

Thanks

Yeah man, thats wot im thinkin now, guna go down, chop the main stem and get it home in the boot of my car in a bin liner, then trim all the buds off the stem and then the leaves off the buds, then leave it to dry. Ya think it'll be ok 2 dry in the boot off my car if just left open? I dont really have anywhere else to put it at all, so seen as im not goin 2 be usin it (my car), i thought let it dry openly in my boot then transfer to jars wen i get home. Hows that sound? lol, bit of a ramble i no.
    Peace

Thanks

I tried yesterday to get pics but i only have my phone and its just to god damn windy, lol.
    It is just the pistils tips that i browning, i no its not quite ready but as i said im goin away so todays the day, as the weather really is gettin crap now, dont wanna risk losin her.
    Someone said it'll be ok, just a different high? And the bottom buds r done so ill get the best of both worlds?
    Im confused wot to do now tho
    Peace

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NewGrower1984 View Post
    I tried yesterday to get pics but i only have my phone and its just to god damn windy, lol.
    It is just the pistils tips that i browning, i no its not quite ready but as i said im goin away so todays the day, as the weather really is gettin crap now, dont wanna risk losin her.
    Someone said it'll be ok, just a different high? And the bottom buds r done so ill get the best of both worlds?
    Im confused wot to do now tho
    Peace

Yes, if bud is cut early while the trichomes are cloudy, you get an uppy buzz, but if most of the trichs are still clear, you get a nasty para buzz.

This is a pic of a bud from one of the plants i'm currently growing outdoors...

I would say it has at least another 2 weeks to go, but 3 would be better. If I was to cut, dry and smoke that now, all I'd get is a para buzz and a headache. I've checked all my plants this weekend and there are no signs of rot what so ever, so I won't be wasting months of growing by chopping them down early.

Thanks

Point taken mate, good piece of advice i'd say mine is about as far along as ures, looks like ill av to leave it then, im on hol for 10 days so hopefully it'll be alrite, just with everythin else dyin around it, im also scared it'll stick out like a sore thumb! lol.
    Mite go out later and check it then compare it ure pic
    Cheers man

Monty Bong Guest

If you live near to the team you support, then I'm less than about 70 miles away to you, the weather forcast for the next 2 weeks is quite decent, not a lot of rain

Thanks

Sound man, cheers for the headz up, i decided to leave it anyway, like u said no point ruinin it after all this time.

Mine looks pretty much like ures with the ends of the pistils turnin, (we've just gotta wait for the full lot ) Fingers crossed its still there wen i next go down.

Cant wait for guerilla grow next year its my 1st half ass attempt this year but by early next year ill no wot im doin, so cant wait for the project

Peace

Thanks

Alrite, ive just bin down 2day and its still lookin pretty good i guess, just a couple of things, the fan leaves r all pretty much dead or dying now and for some reason the leaves rite at the top around the main cola r startin to turn purple?

Anybody got any ideas why this is?

Apart from that things r lookin pretty nice, i so wish i cud get pics.

Cheers people

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast