buy cannabis seeds

Thread: will the inevitable frost kill my buds?

Thanks

Question will the inevitable frost kill my buds?

Getting a bit nervous about this now as the mornings are getting colder (2 degress c this morning) My plants are established so the frost wont kill them but what about the buds? I got kiwi seeds two pounders, specifically bred for outdoor grows, I thought for some reason the flowering period was 50 - 55 days but after having a closer look today found that they are 70 - 80 days
    Checked through my diary to see when they began to flower and estimated the start at around the 10th sept which would make them ready around 27th nov - 1st/2nd week in dec (eeek!)

What do you think, will they still be ok or will I have to chop really early? I hate to lose them after all the hard work plus they are looking sweet right now. Im hoping for good news here but give it to me straight pls.
    Reading online about them I found out that I havent got to worry about bud rot at all so hopefully thats one thing I'll be ok with

Sex : Regular
    Type : Mostly sativa
    Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : Sativa 75% / Indica 25%
    Flowering Time : Medium, Long Outdoor Harvest : Unknown
    Height : Medium, Tall THC Level : Medium
    Characteristics : Smooth sativa smoke and the classic soaring high that can leave one speechless are the results

2 pounder Kiwiseeds - 2 Pounder Especially for the guerrilla grower, this strain was originally stabilised outdoors in New Zealand. She's become something of a legend to the locals in the far-north, where an average plant in a good season could top the scales at more than 1kg of bud! Add to this more than satisfying yield, vigorous growth, extreme mould resistance, and a great sativa taste and you have the perfect outdoor cropper, that with a little bending and stretching will do equally well if not better indoors. A little longer in the flowering department, but dense T.H.C crystal formation and a fruity smell to die for, make this plant a winner in all fields. Smooth sativa smoke and the classic soaring high that can leave one speechless are the results.

Type: Outdoor; Indoor Genetics: Sativa 75% / Indica 25% Flowering: 70 - 80 days Height: 1 - 2 metres Yield: 500 - 600 grams per m2 High: Clear high
    Last edited by dirty dude; 13-10-09 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks

ps Id like to see what these plants can do in a waterfarm!!

Thanks

NM I'm in the same boat as you I think they can possibly survive the cold weather, Its just the damp weather Im worried about,I think our yeilds will be greatly reduced & the buds will be more airy than dense due to light restrictions & intensity of the sun, but we should still hopefully get some smokeable bud!good luck m8

Thanks

im much in the same boat here myself mate , its freezin round here (im jst outside glasgow) n im pretty worried about the temps durin the night ]. best a luck mate, i hope ppl can help u out on how to combat the issue am lookin for the same advice.

GG360

Thanks

Don't mean to suggest any egg sucking but I think a greenhouse is the way forward if possible - you can get one of the frame & plastic ones 6 ft by 4 ft
    for around 50 or sometimes free off freecycle - I don't know much but surely this will extend your flowering period & keep your plants warm ?

Thanks

thanks guys good luck with yours also

hippo, I know mate, problem is I aint got a garden big enough lol, plus we have nieighbours who prolly grass which is why mine are out in a field well away from my house and the neighbours I do appreciate your idea though, maybe when I move there will be a bigger garden ? we shall see!
    anyone else help with this question, maybe someone whos grown into the winter months?

samhain Guest

I'm a little worried about that sativa NM They can run till november in the UK .
    Frost or freezing does kill them allright , i'm in the same boat worrying about rot from the rain . First frost here is around halloween or samhain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    I'm a little worried about that sativa NM They can run till november in the UK .
    Frost or freezing does kill them allright , i'm in the same boat worrying about rot from the rain . First frost here is around halloween or samhain
    Same here matey.
    I've got one of each.
    The indica has been lucky thus far and has only seen a couple of showers since she started flowering about 5 - 6 weeks back.
    Luckily, the weather hasn't been too bad here.. Still getting some sunny days, but mostly cloudy but dry!

The sativa is worrying me to death as she has easily got 6 - 7 weeks left...
    I seriously doubt she'll make it.
    She's getting buds and crystals but they aint very big at the moment.
    Bout an inch maybe.

Still, if it looks like the elements are against her, I'll chop her and smoke what I have. Waste not want not lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you all guys!

I suppose if we get something, it's better than nothing.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

AHoay mateys, also in same boat, so im in the middel of finshing my make-shift greenhouse,
    i started the thread the other day, what do think-------http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=15282

heres a link for a polly tunnel so you get the idea ----

http://www.powen.freeserve.co.uk/Pro...polytunnel.htm

http://www.nationalpolytunnels.co.uk/solarsingle.htm
    Last edited by marleystan; 13-10-09 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks

my buds are only about an inch too some ppl say that they should survive the frosts as long as we have plenty of sugary leaves which I have but are they correct!?!?!?
    Tomorrow is mean to be a nice sunny day again so lets pray that sort of day stays around for a while (15 degrees here in west sussex u.k)

SAMHAINE: have you had buds destroyed by the frosts before mate? (out of interest)

Thanks

A heavy frost will kill the plants but a few light ones will only make the colors come out,on healthy plants anyway, weak ones will die. It's more the constant cold that you need to worry about....

...that being said I am only growing early finishing Indica's next year. Nothing that finishes later than end of Sept. according to the breeders. That means in reality they should all finish by mid Oct., hehehe....

Jah Bless
    GM
    Legalize marijuana...
    ...it could build up a failing economy -Tosh

weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed

samhain Guest

Mine's an indica , havent checked on them in a while , they wern't looking good last visit , rotten , my fault me think's .

NM not sure was it frost or rot , think it was rott . leaving them till the end of this month before harvest , my mate has an exact same clone in the back garden so i can keep an eye on progress from ere
    16 out , not looking good for me 4 died , 3 flopped with rott , 1 missing and four i cant find i'll be well happy with 50 % sucsess
    Last edited by samhain; 13-10-09 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrassMaster View Post
    ...that being said I am only growing early finishing Indica's next year. Nothing that finishes later than end of Sept. according to the breeders. That means in reality they should all finish by mid Oct., hehehe....
    What strain matey out of interest?