Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All About Compost tea!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Take this back to the soil building thread bro
    And have you started the theead showing how to compost properly and we need some backyard business brother lol.
    Bless up brother T
    Reds
    Haha oo bro . Thought you were starting an entirely new project here lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), redisiel (29-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I only read parts. Too much for me to take in all in one go. I like snippets of info so not to overload the brain. I've bookmarked it though.
    lol I know mate, I found it a one time read that broke it down quite simple for me.
    Peace and best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), gethighper (10-03-17)

Hobbit Guest

Excellent stuff Redz, this should be a sticky. The thing i found most helpful was the ratios recommended. In an open garden I never worry about the ratios so much but now Im wanting to use these methods on my indoor grows ratios are very important. Cheers Brother Im gunna sub to this and annoy you with my questions along the way Ifn ya dont mind mate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (11-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Gday Redz
    Can you just explain what he means in this text.

To spill a small secret, I’ve been pre-feeding or pre-activating [vermi]compost which is not so fresh by mixing in a small amount of wheat bran (livestock store or bulk foods department grocery store) and moistening with very diluted black strap molasses, loosely covered with cloth or paper towel 24 hours ahead of brew. (approximate ratios, wheat bran 1:30 [vermi]compost & BSM 1:300 water).

Is he saying mix the wheat bran and Vpost at 1/30? And the Vpost and bsm ration confused me. Is he saying the brew of Vpost and bsm (end product) mix at 1/300 water. I thought i read earlier he recommends using it straight. Cheers mate.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

gethighper (12-11-17), redisiel (11-06-17), Trex (11-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Gday Redz
    Can you just explain what he means in this text.

To spill a small secret, I’ve been pre-feeding or pre-activating [vermi]compost which is not so fresh by mixing in a small amount of wheat bran (livestock store or bulk foods department grocery store) and moistening with very diluted black strap molasses, loosely covered with cloth or paper towel 24 hours ahead of brew. (approximate ratios, wheat bran 1:30 [vermi]compost & BSM 1:300 water).

Is he saying mix the wheat bran and Vpost at 1/30? And the Vpost and bsm ration confused me. Is he saying the brew of Vpost and bsm (end product) mix at 1/300 water. I thought i read earlier he recommends using it straight. Cheers mate.

Morning H,
    The 1:30 will be your initial mix so you'll put a teaspoon of bran with your compost and this will give you the mycelium(fungi).
    Then you'll use that 1:300 with water.

I stopped doing teas in the garden as much really because it's actually better to top dress the castings/compost but these ratios come in so handy for the big garden where a little needs to go a long way and I didn't even bother doing the bam/wheat thing because when I want the fungal or anaerobic I'll go to the Bokashi bin.
    It's at least a little hope were doing something right without a microscope, well they'd be dead if not lol.

He uses the nutrient cycling tea straight.

I built the mini microbulator for my sisters garden and of course a bigger bucket pmsl

I'll go over again with my coffee bro so I don't confuse myself ffs must admit didn't even try the tea that way I only ever done was the bsm,ewc,homemade fish fertiliser I only added kelp sometimes If I was bubbling the tea longer.

Have you seen the £5 sip/ earth box I done, this uses the same method kind of by covering the top of the self watering pots with plastic to create the fungal/mycelium layer that we feed through if you water from the top.

Last time

Now with same soil and pot new top dress

All about the fun guy lol
    Catch you soon H,
    Blessings
    Redz

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-19), gethighper (12-11-17), ggotch (11-06-17), Trex (11-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Morning H,
    The 1:30 will be your initial mix so you'll put a teaspoon of bran with your compost and this will give you the mycelium(fungi).
    Then you'll use that 1:300 with water.

I stopped doing teas in the garden as much really because it's actually better to top dress the castings/compost but these ratios come in so handy for the big garden where a little needs to go a long way and I didn't even bother doing the bam/wheat thing because when I want the fungal or anaerobic I'll go to the Bokashi bin.
    It's at least a little hope were doing something right without a microscope, well they'd be dead if not lol.

He uses the nutrient cycling tea straight.

I built the mini microbulator for my sisters garden and of course a bigger bucket pmsl

I'll go over again with my coffee bro so I don't confuse myself ffs must admit didn't even try the tea that way I only ever done was the bsm,ewc,homemade fish fertiliser I only added kelp sometimes If I was bubbling the tea longer.

Have you seen the £5 sip/ earth box I done, this uses the same method kind of by covering the top of the self watering pots with plastic to create the fungal/mycelium layer that we feed through if you water from the top.

Last time

Now with same soil and pot new top dress

All about the fun guy lol
    Catch you soon H,
    Blessings
    Redz
    Cheers Red,
    I figured it out lol musta been stoned couldnt get me head around the wording, came back later and bingo. Love the microbulator. Ive always used a fish tank pump and in a 20 ltr bucket. And yes teas are very handy for doing the whole garden. A microscope is on my to get list as well. ( for years now lol). Cheers brother.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (12-06-17)

Thanks

Bump
    Blessings
    Redz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (14-01-19), UpT0wn (11-01-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2