Thread: Best lighting for each stage?

Thanks

Default Best lighting for each stage?

Ok so changing my groom about and I've got several types of bulbs etc

Setting up 4 stages in the room for easier use, still staying well within the personal limit of growing but just making it much easier to have different stages of the plants since I'm using autos and lights are always on 18/6

I've got a 250-600w ballast for seedlings and baby plants in its own section of the groom which I'm using a MH bulb and the wattage down at 250w as not to cause too much heat stress.

Then I've got a 600w ballast with a MH bulb again for the first few weeks of the plants life

Then it goes to a 1000w ballast and a HPS bulb for the rest of its lift cycle before moving to the last light for flushing the plant, the last light is a 600w ballast again but what's best to use for flushing? Metal halide or HPS?

I've got 2-3 plants under each light at the most so plenty of space, with it being autos it's always a small yield from each but the bonus of quick turn around gives me a few ounce of a different strain every 4-5 weeks so think this is finally the best setup

It's a autopot setup with a tank of plain water, I just hand water the nutes when needed, and then then on the light at the last stage when flushing out when needed

Always handy when you have extra equipment lying about, saves switching lights etc at certain stages. I just lift the pots from one section to another, they always have water due to the main tank

Opinions? On lights etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-16)

Viz Guest

I think that you have a good set up as it is. Your method is working for you and that is all you need.

On a philosophical note, I do not think there is any such thing as a 'best' of anything in growing. There will always be some product that is better, newer, bigger... You get what I mean. Now I could say the lamps I use are the best. Or if I grew with LED they brand x was the best. But you know what that does not matter, what works is the best for you.

Lovely set up and real good system. Rock on dude.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-16), noodle (26-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Sounds like a lovely setup. I wish I had the space for similar.

I start under t5 I don't think it can be beaten for early growth until a few weeks old. I then use hps until the very end. I stopped using metal halide because I seen no difference at all in later veg growth.

Only thing I want to add to my grow is some led or uvb light. Towards the end.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

Cunning (26-12-16), GEORGE (27-12-16), noodle (26-12-16)

Thanks

Size wise isn't that great, 5m length and 1.5m width hence 4 lights in a row. Solar panels so don't need to worry about the lighting costs as it's well within the panels gain and no costs

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

Cunning (26-12-16), GEORGE (27-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Anonymous Green View Post
    Size wise isn't that great, 5m length and 1.5m width hence 4 lights in a row. Solar panels so don't need to worry about the lighting costs as it's well within the panels gain and no costs

That's the best bit of your setup right there!

Personally I think you're better off having a mother plant, small clone box, veg and flower room but I'm only day dreaming
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Dr Anonymous Green (26-12-16), GEORGE (27-12-16), noodle (26-12-16), Valve man (26-12-16)

Thanks

Well having separate rooms isn't my thing as too much messing about plus I'm doing autos rather than feminised for a difference. I'll go back to feminised at some point but maybe once I've built up a nice selection of smoke from autos, aiming to cure them in jars too once they've dried. Growing in the colder months and hoping it lasts me through to the colder months again

I've got a separate tent for drying so I don't need to disturb the cycle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Nice setup Dr A. I also have solar panels although they don't do much in the winter. Do you have lights on during the day when your panels are working?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Dr Anonymous Green (18-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Nice setup Dr A. I also have solar panels although they don't do much in the winter. Do you have lights on during the day when your panels are working?
    Nope but still bring in something, it's not based on strong sun light but light so still works just not as well

Try and have the light so during light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Sorry what I was trying to ask is, do you have lights on in your grow room during the day when your panels are working and lights off at night when your panels are not working.

This would probably work in North UK where the daytime temperature does not get to high for lights on.