Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a good insomnia/chronic pain strain(s)?

Thanks

Default Suggestions for a good insomnia/chronic pain strain(s)?

Hi guys, to keep this short and sweet I've been trying to find a good strain that helps with insomnia and chronic pain?

I've suffered with chronic pain for a long time which resulted in requiring painkillers because doctors don't like doing their job (5years waiting for an operation) which has resulted in severe insomnia, to the extent I sleep around 3-4 hours per night and even then it's broken sleep - It'll be 30-40mins of light sleep and then 2-3hours of being exhausted before repeating the process.

Figured there's only 1 kind of person who knows what they're talking about when it comes to stuff like this, those who grow and smoke!

-Adam.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

This may be a useful thread for you to take a look at - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...BC-CBN-and-CBD
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (26-12-16), ERBURT (27-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    This may be a useful thread for you to take a look at - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...BC-CBN-and-CBD
    Thank you, had a look through it and I'll certainly be looking through strains cannabinoid content before deciding my next grow - Which I'll most likely have a diary on as well!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-12-16)

Thanks

9 pound hammer is great for insomnia in my experience puts me right to bed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (27-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Having insomnia for 51 years, I've found nothing really works. Weed helps me get a little more sleep, but not always. Maybe a little deeper sleep, but that's about it. I find that you need to smoke more and more as the years progress to get the same as in the beginning.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (27-12-16), ERBURT (27-12-16), M_C (27-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudsAlot View Post
    9 pound hammer is great for insomnia in my experience puts me right to bed
    Thanks for the input, I'll have a look into the strain and perhaps (probably) it'll end up in my basket!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Having insomnia for 51 years, I've found nothing really works. Weed helps me get a little more sleep, but not always. Maybe a little deeper sleep, but that's about it. I find that you need to smoke more and more as the years progress to get the same as in the beginning.
    Well, if a byproduct of insomnia is smoking myself into a coma every night it'll be one of the most pleasant symptoms I've had from it thus far!

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long, though. I know how horrible and difficult it can be to manage on no sleep or worse, broken sleep

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-12-16), M_C (27-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1303 View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'll have a look into the strain and perhaps (probably) it'll end up in my basket!

Well, if a byproduct of insomnia is smoking myself into a coma every night it'll be one of the most pleasant symptoms I've had from it thus far!

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long, though. I know how horrible and difficult it can be to manage on no sleep or worse, broken sleep
    You kind of get used to it over the years. Knocking one out before bed sometimes helps, but it doesn't always work.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (27-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    You kind of get used to it over the years. Knocking one out before bed sometimes helps, but it doesn't always work.
    My main issue with it is dealing with the pain while exhausted, studying and having to work because the government decided that despite having a tumor in my spine and barely being able to manage I'm physically fit enough for work - Despite my doctors stating otherwise.

I've noticed that aswell, although it's mainly when the pain gets to that barely able to breathe point that the weeds sleep-aiding properties seem to fall apart!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1303 View Post
    My main issue with it is dealing with the pain while exhausted, studying and having to work because the government decided that despite having a tumor in my spine and barely being able to manage I'm physically fit enough for work - Despite my doctors stating otherwise.

I've noticed that aswell, although it's mainly when the pain gets to that barely able to breathe point that the weeds sleep-aiding properties seem to fall apart!
    I hope you are going to appeal, mate. That is bang out of order. No wonder you cannot sleep. If the Government did that to either myself or my wife, I'd never sleep due to worry.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (27-12-16)

Keeno Guest

I only smoke for sleep. Had sleep issues for years. I tend to stick with indica dominant plants for this as they seem to have more of a knock out effect than sativa dom strains, the latter can often have the opposite effect keeping me awake and thinking about things. There are so many strains out there thats its hard to recommend one in particular. A nice afgani or northern lights strain is a good starting point as they are easy to grow indica plants that tend to produce quite well.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (27-12-16), M_C (27-12-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast