Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Hello and a what d'ya reckon to my set up

Thanks

Default A Hello and a what d'ya reckon to my set up

Hi Everyone I've been floating around the forum for a couple days researching. Growing seems to have become a science! My wife and I have decided to get into green due to health reasons, her having Chrons and myself 24/7anxiety.

I have a tiny budget and spent money on the more important things so i have a tent and 300w cfl lamp on route. Probably easier to list so here is whats coming:

Images were here but need 10 posts!
    ffs also cant put links

Critical Jack Automatic Feminised Seeds x3
    Ebay- 600d 40x40x140 tent cheap and hopefully cheerful
    300w cfl
    3 11l pots
    Canna Terra Pro soil
    some perlite
    Biobizz bio grow

So yea any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm aware i am missing extraction but I'm wondering about venting it straight outside as where i plan to grow is a 4 inch hole that was used for a tumble dryer. however I'm worried it'll get too cold. Humidity is kept at 50% in our house thanks to a dehumidifier maintaining it. we have storage heaters so cold and high humidity is an issue. I'm sure you would mention a rhino filter as that is whats usually suggested but it will have to be bought next month when funds are available again. for now i will use some computer fans to move air around with an old psu.
    I think that's it, I will keep a diary as things progress as these provide great information for the next generation growers

Many thanks

Andy (UK)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300w cfl.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	337569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600d 40x40x140.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	337570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bio grow.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	337571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canna Terra Pro soil.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	337572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perlite.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	337573  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ironeye For This Useful Post:

fridge (28-12-16), maenam (28-12-16)

Bulls Guest

Hello mate. All looks good. You will need some flowering nutes as well. Lots of people stick to Old Timers Grow an Bloom.
    How many plants are you planning to grow? I would say 1 only as your tent is very tiny.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ironeye (27-12-16), maenam (28-12-16)

Thanks

Hey Bulls, I've seen that stuff recommended a lot the old timers one. I will add it to the shopping list for next month as I'm a way off them flowering lol. I was hoping for all 3 in there but you think only 1! hmm then hopefully 2, I'm not sure how much these spread its hard to judge on others pics. I guess light penetration will be a issue for all 3...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

What bulls said. You're growing autos so you can get away with leaving the light in 24/7 to beat the cold problem. With a filter you will be fine to vent outside. Perfect solution.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Hello there you seem to have the basics in place. However unless you are a legal grower you will need to manage odour. And that means an extraction fan and a carbon filter. This purchase is the single most important investment you as a grower will make.

I would like to continue on from what bulls has said.

Your grow space is limited. Three plants are going to be crowded in there. I have a 1.2 x 1.2 tent and my four plants fill it up. Second thing you would be hard pressed to grow three plants if you had the space with that single lamp. May I suggest you grow one plant with your setup and maximise your harvest of that one plant. I honestly feel you will get a better harvest from one tip top plant rather than from 3 plants which have not had the space nor the light needed to do justice to what is a lovely smoke.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys. that's a shame to hear I might then try order a larger tent the next one up is 80x80x160 so by your recommendations perhaps better for 2 plants. I've no idea on yield and I know its a massive unknown but would you like just to give a rough idea what i could get once dried from 1 plant? We will be smoking every other day so would be nice to have enough to last until next harvest.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ironeye For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Harvest amounts are dependant on too many variant factors. Skill of grower is key, strain is key and hardware used is a lessor third factor.

But in a good situation you should be able to get 2 Oz from a soil grow. That is for one plant well grown with the 300Cfl light. I was able to harvest 185g from two plants using 315W of CDM lights in soil.

A 80 x 80 tent will allow you to have two plants. But that adds overhead to the size of your filter and extraction and again brings into play your lighting. A cheap ebay LED one of the Chinese no name 1000w (claimed) for about £60 would deal well with two plants.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,557 Times

Hey Andy my 1st grow was a very similar setup. My tent was a little bigger 80x80x160 and to be completely honest 1 or 2 plants maximum would be suited for that tent but I'd go for 1 plant with some training to fill your space.
    I originally used a 300w cfl same as yours but soon changed it for a 400w mh/hps in a cooltube.
    For extraction I'd definitely recommend splashing out because as I've found with everything I've bought so far is that if you buy cheap you buy twice! Or 3 or 4 times in my case lol
    I've learned the hard way to buy the very best that you can afford as my plants are now 6 weeks in flower and my buddy carbon filter is not doing its job at all anymore my house and attic reeks so I've had to splash out again on an rvk extraction and rhino pro!
    I've got so many bits and pieces of grow gear lying about now that is just wasted money because I wanted to spend as little as I could!
    I'd definitely get a good extraction fan and filter and you will be good to go! If you ever have a bit of spare cash I'd consider getting yourself a 250 hps or even a cooltubed 400 but your cfl will be capable of getting you a harvest for sure!
    The diary is a brill idea aswell bud as if you run into any problems during your grow there's plenty if well informed guys around here who can help you out! Good luck with the grow mate!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheHottDawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Viz great advice there. So it looks like I'm starting smaller than planned but at least if things go pear shaped then i will only loose 1 plant. If then assuming 50gram a plant it should last us quite a long time at least for me anyway i feel it super quick and last night made the mistake to smoke wayyy to much and ended up on a bad high super dizzy and feeling sick. That was like 6 deep puffs from a pipe. The first time i tried was fine and i had 3 good puffs but christ knows what type of green it was i smoked hence why i want to grow my own.
    If there is a constant pull of air to outside the smell will still exist? I figured it would be diluted enough to be unnoticed.

So the term a gram per watt is thrown around but it doesn't seem so close after reading what people are ending up with.

MrChedHead Guest

I agree with viz... one plant in that set up, get her spread out an she will see you well, less is more

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (28-12-16), maenam (28-12-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast