Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream Test Run New Coco Setup

Thanks

Default Tangerine Dream Test Run New Coco Setup

Hi all, I'm still a budding amateur but have a couple of coco runs under my belt now (by luck more than judgement.) I don't have much spare time to tend for my babies so I have taken all the pain in the ass problems I've had to try and make a nice and simple set up. The biggest and most time consuming issue I've had previously is getting rid of Run off after watering especially as the plants get bigger and room to move around gets less.

If people would be kind enough to share some input hopefully I will gain enough knowledge by the end of this run to start dialling things in next time.

This is what I'm using....

X8 Tangerine dream clones
    2 parts Coco to 1 part perlite mix
    Canna a+b
    Canna cal mag
    Canna pk 13/14
    Unsulphured molasses (from holland and Barrett)

Grow space 1.2 x 2.6ish long
    6 inch hyper fan with rhino filter for extraction
    5 inch dual speed fan for active intake when necessary
    Plants currently under x3 250 mh lights will switch to 2 or 3 600hps during flower depending on temps

I have a 150 litre or so water butt external to my room with a 3000lph sump pump inside. I have 13mm pipe attachched to this feeding into my growroom. From here the 13mm feed pipe connects to a filter and runs along the centre of my grow room floor length ways with a tap at the end. At equal intervals I have T's coming off this with again 13mm pipe feeding up the side of each pot and finally fitting to dripper rings I made from 13mm ice line with 8 holes drilled in each ring.

As for taking care of the run off. When in my local grow shop I noticed that the lip around normal 15 ltr pots fit perfectly around the top of bubble buckets and when inside still leave a gap of around 3 to 4 inches to the bottom of the bubble bucket from the pots drain off holes. So my dripper rings are set on digital timers to feed at the moment once a day just after lights come on. The nutrients come out of the dripper rings, evenly soak the top of the meduIum, then the run off drips out of bottom of 15 ltr pots down into the bottom of bubble bucket and then out of the 19mm hole at the base of each bucket (that would normally connect to each other) where all buckets are connected to a main 19mm waste pipe that runs out of the grow room along the floor into a nearby drain. This totally eliminates the plants sitting in any runoff and I don't have to move around in tight spaces to empty trays. Also using the dripper rings means I don't have the hassle of hand wastering hard to reach plants at the end of my room but when I'm happy the set up is working as it should I can leave the plants for a few days between each visit knowing they are still getting watered daily with the run off dealt with and can also have multiple feed times set up if needed.

I've sat all the pots (2 rows of 4) on 2x4 lengths of timbers set at slight gradient to ensure all waste water runs away freely. Also there is enough length in the pipe work to allow the pots to be moved slightly and I'm thinking of having some kind of quick release fitting on each dripper ring which would allow me to lift each pot out of its bucket to alternate them or carry out pruning etc or even blank off some pots when not using.

The ducting in the picture is for my intake, the ducting runs the length of the room with holes along it I and blanked off at the end to try and give even air intake.

I took the pictures last night to help explain my set up and currently I'm in my 3rd week of veg using just the a+b at an ec of 0.8, I can't pick up an ec reading on my tap water with my blue lab truncheon so it must be somewhere between 0.0 to just under 0.2 where the truncheon starts. Ph is set at 5.8 using ph down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	337585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	337586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	337587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	337588  
    Last edited by hanny098; 27-12-16 at 03:30 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-12-16), ERBURT (29-12-16), GEORGE (29-12-16), Samwise Gamgee (30-12-16), Type M (29-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Looks & sounds good to me dude. Tangerine is a great strain & they look very healthy so far.

You seem to have everything covered.

I would try & get in there daily at the beginning just to make sure your ph isn't going out of the correct range. I can mix up a feed & set it to PH 5.8, then the next day it will have risen to PH 6.1. If that were to happen to you when you'd planned to leave them for a few days, then you may have 2 days worth of feeds that you plants can't even absorb. Worth checking at least.

Good luck

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-12-16), kbag (30-12-16)

Viz Guest

Quite a few of us are growing Tangerine Dream at the minute. Looking lovely.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-12-16), Type M (29-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Quite a few of us are growing Tangerine Dream at the minute. Looking lovely.
    It will be the first time I have grown a strain twice when I do this next year. The orange taste in my vaporiser was something else! Strong too.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-12-16), ggotch (29-12-16), kbag (30-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    Looks & sounds good to me dude. Tangerine is a great strain & they look very healthy so far.

You seem to have everything covered.

I would try & get in there daily at the beginning just to make sure your ph isn't going out of the correct range. I can mix up a feed & set it to PH 5.8, then the next day it will have risen to PH 6.1. If that were to happen to you when you'd planned to leave them for a few days, then you may have 2 days worth of feeds that you plants can't even absorb. Worth checking at least.

Good luck
    Thank you, ive been in there most days so far trying to fine tune things anyway so I'll keep an eye on that as well

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17), kbag (30-12-16), Type M (31-12-16)

Thanks

It will be the first time I have grown a strain twice when I do this next year. The orange taste in my vaporiser was something else! Strong too.
    I've never done it before but I started from one seed which I brought on a bit to take these from and instead of throwing it out I put it into flower so I have something to practice on which is always a few weeks ahead of these. That way if I run into problems it should happen on the test plant and I'll have plenty of time to prevent the same mistakes with these

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17), Type M (30-12-16)

Thanks

They grow tall & fat Best of luck 👍

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17)

Thanks

They grow tall & fat Best of luck ��

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I've read they stretch a lot. I'm worried now lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17)

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hanny098 View Post
    I've read they stretch a lot. I'm worried now lol
    Super crop dude you know you want to.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17), Type M (31-12-16)

Thanks

Just a quick update as I've been to check on them earlier...

I swapped the bulbs out for 600 watt osram item, my room is a tad longer than the 1.2 x2.4 tents so my pots are all spread out and I'm going to see if I can run 3 lights without having heat problems. I've got an active intake which is hooked up to the same timer as the lights and sucks air in from outside not another room, combined with running my lights at night fingers crossed temps will stay in check.

I've also top all the more dominant branches and supercropped the hell out of everything. Hopefully I Havnt made a mistake by doing his the same time as I've switched to 12/12 but my thought process behind it was the if the plants are busy making new tops and recovering from the super cropping the more dominant branches shouldn't out grow the others too much and keep an even canopy that's not going to hit the lights....

Lastly as everything is nice and healthy for now I've kept my ec at 0.8 using only a+b nutes and set my ph at 5.8. I plan on starting to at pk13/14 when they start to show flowers but will keep an eye next few days to make sure they don't show signs of hunger as I presume they'll start to need more food

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-17), Type M (31-12-16)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast