Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream Test Run New Coco Setup

Thanks

I've managed to go 2 and half months mistake free and now seem to be making them daily! I don't seem to get much feedback on this thread, maybe because I should have started it in the grow diary section but I wasn't all that confident in my growing when I started this so that's why I didn't.

Anyway that's no big deal but if someone could help me out on what I've just messed up that would be great

In previous post I described how I started seeing nute burn and a few other issues which are all now fixed but when I refilled my Waterbutt will lower ec strength of 0.6 I accidentally reset the timer so the next feed basically emptied the whole 100ltrs through my plants in one feed!!!! They then didn't get watered at all yesterday but understandably they're not exactly dry. I'm not too worried about overwatering them because I keep my coco airated with plenty of perlite but could this make my over fert problem worse?

So I watered each plant with 5 litres of PhD water just now and refilled my tank using only base nutes and no additives to again an ec of just 0.6 and ph 5.8. Just to clarify up until this point I have never gone over an ec of 1.0 or more than 1.0 ml per ltr of pk.

My plants are dark green, only a few are showing what I think is nute burn and not many even have the burnt tips but could it still get worse before it gets better???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	339870

Views:	34 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	339872

Views:	33 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	339874

Views:	38 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	339873
    Last edited by hanny098; 06-02-17 at 09:49 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

In previous post I described how I started seeing nute burn and a few other issues which are all now fixed but when I refilled my Waterbutt will lower ec strength of 0.6 I accidentally reset the timer so the next feed basically emptied the whole 100ltrs through my plants in one feed!!!! They then didn't get watered at all yesterday but understandably they're not exactly dry. I'm not too worried about overwatering them because I keep my coco airated with plenty of perlite but could this make my over fert problem worse?
    As you have a little burn sending a 100 litres with a EC of 0.6 would be like flushing with a mild solution of nutrient's helping to bring the EC in the coco back into line. You have most likely done your plants a favour although being a mistake.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

Day 47 since 12/12 - plants looking really sic

Thought I had over fed my plants and was seeing signs of burn so as in previous post I reduced Bute strength. This only sped up my problem. On closer inspection I realised I do not have nute burn but yellow/brown dry spots and patches developing from imbetween the veins and progressing outwards. Affected areas are at top of plants and on leaves getting most light. I figured this was cal def as my nute strength was a lot lower than previously and my tap water is extremely soft so it made sense my problem had sped up. I added 1ml per ltr to my remaining feed of calmag thinking the problem would stop. 3 days have gone by and things are still getting worse and now my stems are getting weak and leaning outwards slightly.

Today I mixed up fresh nutes - calmag half a ml per litre this time but raised my total ec to 0.8 with a+b feed just in case there was lack of trace nutes and now I know I Havnt been over feeding this should be ok. Also set my ph to 5.8 and gave a good watering to flush out old nutes.

I did post in the disease section but didn't get any joy so if someone would be so kind as to help me out I would really appreciate it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	340492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	340493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0467.jpg 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	340494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	340495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0464.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	340496

A few leaves but hardly any have also started cupping similar to affects of heat stress but my temps never go below 20 or above 25 and lights are further away than I've ever had them
    Last edited by hanny098; 16-02-17 at 10:07 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Those leaves are looking very dark.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17), hanny098 (18-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

How do you water the back ones?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    Those leaves are looking very dark.
    It's strange because for the last week I've been running an ec of just 0.4 using only a+b and week before that was 0.6 but that includes 0.5ml per ltr of pk13/14

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    How do you water the back ones?
    They are all watered from same waterbutt fed via dripper rings, I did have an issue a while back where 2 were slightly blocked but l cleaned them out and have checked them regularly since and they've all been feeding fine. The affected 2 were not the back ones

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17), kbag (27-02-17)

Thanks

my tangerine dream went 16weeks flower and it could of gone couple more weeks
    just pray and hope yo havnt got the the same pheno i had

my pheno was so bad i called it tangerine nightmare
    yielded very good though 12 zips off one plant and nice smoke.really oreangy

good luck mate

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fingerzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you, the seeds are from barneys. A friend bought some and we have both grown from the same pack of seeds but neither plants are alike. we have both grown in the same medium and with the same nutrients yet neither seed has grown anything like each other. My friend has even been feeding at almost double the nutrient strength as me yet his fan leaves are lighter in colour than mine and the leaf blades on his plants are much thinner and longer. I haven't been to check on them tonight so fingers crossed they will be looking better when I see them tomorrow

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17), kbag (27-02-17)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast