Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow help needed, yellow leaves, health advice/opinions please!

Thanks

Default First grow help needed, yellow leaves, health advice/opinions please!

Hi all,

I'm new here looking for some help with yellowing leaves and some general feedback about plant health as it's my first grow and I'm a bit lost! Thanks in advance if you can help.

I started 3 x amphetamine autos by cream of the crop 4 weeks ago. My grow space isn't ideal, it's a 1m x 1m x 1.6m tent in my wardrobe. It's a really tight fit and I've been battling with heat issues the whole time as most of the inlets are blocked by walls but the top has a good head space. I've managed to get a the temps to stay below 90f now using a few fans and some ducting.

I'm running 1 x 250w dual cfl and 1 x 300w 2700k cfl in a diy reflector I made from a shopping basket I lined with silver tape (ghetto I know but it works OK lol!). I was using a 125w blue cfl for veg but swapped it out for the 300 yesterday as they've just started to show flower. Ive been trying to keep the bulbs close but it gets too hot if i out them any closer than they are now.

I have 11ltr pots and I can't remember the name of the soil (I need to check and I can update the post if needed) but it's the bat shit one with worm castings and stuff mixed in.

I haven't given them any food yet just water as I've read the medium I've used is quite rich anyway and can cause some burn in autos (I think I might have used the wrong type).

I've noticed the bottom leaves are starting to yellow and some of the stems have gone purple. Infact they seem very generally pale compared to what i see online. They are also very short but im thinking its due to the auto genetics?

Is this burn from the soil being too rich or is it a deficiency that I need to address?! I've read it could be nitro related? i don't want to start giving it more nutes if its already burning from them..

Thanks for reading and hope you can help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	337673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	337674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic3 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	337675  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

How old are the plants?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

4 weeks exactly from showing from seed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Looks like they need to be fed....

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (29-12-16), Bethmeg (31-12-16), joker_the_smoker (29-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply dude. Any advice on what to give them? Ive heard autos can be very sensitive and cream of the crop say to keep it organic (hence my choice with the soil)..

Thanks

How about CANNA Terra Flores? Do you think this is a good choice for autos?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Any good feed will do you.
    Old timers is very good tho

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (29-12-16)

Viz Guest

In soil I have to recommend Old Timers Grow and Bloom used them for my two grows and can not fault them or the bud they helped produce.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (29-12-16), Bethmeg (31-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks guys I'll go and pick up some old timers today. I gave them a good watering yesterday before I set up this post so when shall I put the old timers in? Shall I let it dry up before I feed them or shall I top them up with a bit of nute water?

Also does anyone have any advice with how much I should put in? I'm thinking 50% of recommended as they're autos?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (31-12-16)

Thanks

Hi All I picked up some old timers today. As I watered them yesterday should I make a mix and put it into a spray and mist the plants a bit or spray a bit onto the soil? Or shall I go ahead and give them a normal feed? FYI the soil I used is the Plagron batmix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast