Thread: 1 or 2 Lights in my Tent?

Thanks

Default 1 or 2 Lights in my Tent?

I am planning a 1.2m*1.2m*2m tent with probably 5 plants.

I am thinking 2 * Galaxyhydro 300w would be better than one Galaxyhydro 600w even though it is a bit more expensive to buy the 2 smaller lights - My thinking is that it would have a larger footprint and distribute light better.

I can get the 2 * 300w for around £200 and if a single 600w it will only be £160.

What are your thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrowHead For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-12-16), GEORGE (30-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Yes 2 would be better than one with your thinking about the better footprint being right

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-16), GrowHead (30-12-16), M_C (29-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

5 plants wont like those 300w leds.

as a noob i did 4 plants under a pair of those chinese panels,once flowering started n filled tent the panels were very under powered and i simply could cover all of them .

300w galaxies only actually make 140 real wt at best so two of them youll have 280 at best.

the 600w panel only makes 225 real watts in reality so at the least, youll need two of those.

one lamp on its own wont have the spread,its a struggle with two tbh.

im currently trying two new 200real watt led panels in a 75x75x160 tent,even there the spread from hanging them 20" up is quite narrow and luckily suits my size tent and the two plants under them

this has been my main led problem,to get good coverage its spend more dorrars time,bigger pabels,but then for the cost of those bigger panels you can get bulb n decent filter n fan and easily get coverage you need.

sorry for ramble,,purple mayascula,two week jarred bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-16), GrowHead (30-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    5 plants wont like those 300w leds.

as a noob i did 4 plants under a pair of those chinese panels,once flowering started n filled tent the panels were very under powered and i simply could cover all of them .

300w galaxies only actually make 140 real wt at best so two of them youll have 280 at best.

the 600w panel only makes 225 real watts in reality so at the least, youll need two of those.

one lamp on its own wont have the spread,its a struggle with two tbh.

im currently trying two new 200real watt led panels in a 75x75x160 tent,even there the spread from hanging them 20" up is quite narrow and luckily suits my size tent and the two plants under them

this has been my main led problem,to get good coverage its spend more dorrars time,bigger pabels,but then for the cost of those bigger panels you can get bulb n decent filter n fan and easily get coverage you need.

sorry for ramble,,purple mayascula,two week jarred bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Wow thanks, I definitely thought 2 * 300 would be plenty, I read loads of journals with people growing with 300 Watts

I am reluctant to go for other than LEDs because of the heat and electricity consumption... So 2 * Hydrogalaxy 600 Watts... will be bright and shiny in there

Thank you for the post!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GrowHead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

If you want to cover your space, try one of the new 2400W Double Chip 5W/10W LED'S or a couple of the 1,000W in back. Got the 1,000W for $99.00 bucks, and $319.00 for the 2400W. Good luck and happy growing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4320.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	337729  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

ggotch (06-01-17), GrowHead (31-12-16)