Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rdwc changing pot size

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    "Realy useful storage box" is the actual brand mate. Can get them off amazon and few places online, do them in loads of colours but obviously black suiting our hobby the best

Yeah mate from a few places, b and q do them dude but not in black. Amazons the best i think just over £20 a tub i think i payed
    Sweet as jp , I noticed your spray bars are 22 mm + I've got loads of 15mm pipe and 15mm John guess speed fit elbow and tee s left over from my old Wilma home made system I could use them - that speed fit is great 4 servicing and cleaning ect why do u use bigger pipe dose it flow better ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

i would just use the alien pots, why not just get the 55litre ones , they are more than big enough.
    they werent too pricey last time i called them, about 20 quid each or thereabouts. which is the same as a 84 litre really useful box.

The really useful boxes are great like, but it would be easier just butying the right one eh?
    I bought some 60 litre ones from Ikea, but the edges were too sloped, and they leaked at the bottom of the connector. I will try using bigger fittings and extra thick rubber seals.

The bloke who own Alien is a bit of an odd ball, who seems to decide the price of stuff depending on his mood tho.

If you want bigger plants, veg them longer.

the benefit is that the return tubes will simply screw in without the need to drill new boxes.
    the really useful boxes are much shallower, and you would have more chance of the roots blocking the flow of water to the return pump

oh yeah, and for the same pressure at the source, water will travel through smaller diamater pipes faster, altho bends and other resistance comes into play. Also, the pumps we use dont offer continual pressure, they are always working against the pipe size.
    Ive never noticed much difference in the outlet pressure between 34,22 and 15 if im honest, cos when the pipe is full, its full if you get me.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 01-01-17 at 08:34 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-01-17), jay jay (03-01-17), Trex (03-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    i would just use the alien pots, why not just get the 55litre ones , they are more than big enough.
    they werent too pricey last time i called them, about 20 quid each or thereabouts. which is the same as a 84 litre really useful box.

The really useful boxes are great like, but it would be easier just butying the right one eh?
    I bought some 60 litre ones from Ikea, but the edges were too sloped, and they leaked at the bottom of the connector. I will try using bigger fittings and extra thick rubber seals.

The bloke who own Alien is a bit of an odd ball, who seems to decide the price of stuff depending on his mood tho.

If you want bigger plants, veg them longer.

the benefit is that the return tubes will simply screw in without the need to drill new boxes.
    the really useful boxes are much shallower, and you would have more chance of the roots blocking the flow of water to the return pump

oh yeah, and for the same pressure at the source, water will travel through smaller diamater pipes faster, altho bends and other resistance comes into play. Also, the pumps we use dont offer continual pressure, they are always working against the pipe size.
    Ive never noticed much difference in the outlet pressure between 34,22 and 15 if im honest, cos when the pipe is full, its full if you get me.
    U got a good point there - I'll give alien a buzz - in there brought there £89 but I think u get another bits - air pump ect
    I'll ring them .my plants had 4 weeks veg there are about a metre square but not fat (cherry bomb 5week flip) I use 2 growing cheese and rhino ' may there a late bloomer - and it was cold up there 4 a week or 2 which slowed thing down' but now they are cozy and a bit root bound .
    Last edited by jay jay; 03-01-17 at 11:40 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jay jay For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (03-01-17)

Thanks

How are you getting on with the Ionic stuff?

Are you noticing the difference

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

jay jay (04-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    "Realy useful storage box" is the actual brand mate. Can get them off amazon and few places online, do them in loads of colours but obviously black suiting our hobby the best

Yeah mate from a few places, b and q do them dude but not in black. Amazons the best i think just over £20 a tub i think i payed
    Well ill be damned , found some of those brand name boxes at Business depot , solid as fuck !! 4x as thick as the crap walmart stuff

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

jay jay (04-01-17)

Thanks

How are you getting on with the Ionic stuff?

Are you noticing the difference
    Ionic is good m8 buds are getting bigger - alein 55 lts are £24 thanks 4 the information .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jay jay For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (04-01-17)

Thanks

no problem.
    have you got a diary up? Wouldnt mind a nosey

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

jay jay (04-01-17)

Thanks

no problem.
    have you got a diary up? Wouldnt mind a nosey
    Got no diary yet m8 only got a couple of weeks left Will do 1 next crop. Could send some photo s if i new how 2 .....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jay jay For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (16-01-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2