Thread: Showing genetic mix... Is this common?

Thanks

Default Showing genetic mix... Is this common?

Hey all,

I am 5 weeks into my first grow of autos. I got the seeds from a trusted seed bank (Same one I get my photos from). The genetic mix is 60% Indica, 30 Sativa and 10% ruderalis for my 3 different strains. (Candy Cane, Train Wreck & Early Miss). I am growing in soil in 3 gal custom made smart pots under 600 watt HIDs. I thought I had f'ed something up because some of the girls from the same strain looked very different. What I am seeing is 4 of the plants look like the Sative, taller plants with thin leaves and excessive node spacing while the others are short with wide leaves and tight node spacing like the Indica. Other than that, they are acting like the auto should...

Not that it matters at this stage of the game but I am wondering if this is normal.

H420
    Last edited by Hobby420; 01-01-17 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Grammar :-)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

The plants are showing different phenotypes, Some leaning more towards the sativia side of the genetics. It's nothing to worry about it happens when growing from seed. The more stable and worked the genetics are the less variety you will get

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-01-17), British green (01-01-17), ggotch (01-01-17), M_C (01-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    The plants are showing different phenotypes, Some leaning more towards the sativia side of the genetics. It's nothing to worry about it happens when growing from seed. The more stable and worked the genetics are the less variety you will get
    You'll not get a more complete answer than that
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (01-01-17), British green (01-01-17), Hobby420 (01-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Thanks Blue! I was more curious than worried but now maybe a little excited :-) I should have more of a mix than planned for.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

Blue (01-01-17), M_C (01-01-17)