Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: confused

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Green manures are really great... we use them on the allotment to great success.. just do some reading about if u gonna use them as they have alot of foibles, dont buy ready mixed, reasearch and mix your own...its much better. 2 sows of green manure (this can be done in 5weeks) done correctly will give you enough base, macro and micro nutrients for the whole grow...with maybe a bit of top up if needed.
    For example, dont use mustard seed as a green manure if your gonna grow any brassica plant as it can transmit disease as mustard is a brassica.
    Just my thruppenny bit (or new pound coin)'s worth.
    Good luck with the chillies.. gonna do some myself this year...hopefully..😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-17), happyjack (03-01-17), redisiel (02-01-17), Strider (02-01-17), Type M (02-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-17), Glynne (02-01-17), redisiel (02-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I'm all over it brother, my pal who I got the lemon off breeds chillies (Touch) I'm seeing him tomorrow I'm busy in the garden right now possibly till around midnight bro but it'll gimme something to do come lights out but so far I'm just thinking my basic mix what I would use for the herb! I think bud grows chillies too! I got a couple random chillie plants in a earth box that have had no attention at all but they keep coming back nice and there great for the ipm lol.
    Soon brother,
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (02-01-17), GEORGE (04-01-17), Glynne (03-01-17), Type M (03-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    I'm all over it brother, my pal who I got the lemon off breeds chillies (Touch) I'm seeing him tomorrow I'm busy in the garden right now possibly till around midnight bro but it'll gimme something to do come lights out but so far I'm just thinking my basic mix what I would use for the herb! I think bud grows chillies too! I got a couple random chillie plants in a earth box that have had no attention at all but they keep coming back nice and there great for the ipm lol.
    Soon brother,
    Blessings
    Redz

Lovely Red, Cheers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-01-17), redisiel (05-01-17)

Thanks

Hey TM,how's things.
    Ok we we need mulch loads and loads of mulch. I would get in organic Barley straw and I would go with neem and kelp to start with for feed. What stage are we at mate, did you get to read a couple pages tbh I didn't but spoke to a couple people and got the books out. Are you ready to start using the soil food web brother.
    Peace
    Redz

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (06-01-17), Type M (05-01-17)

Thanks

Hey mate, I'm good, but still confuzzled

Hey TM,how's things.
    Ok we we need mulch loads and loads of mulch. I would get in organic Barley straw
    On it. I did read a bit about grass clippings being good to work into your soil & I have noticed different chilli farmers laying straw on top. I assume when you say mulch, this wil be for laying on top of pots/beds?

I would go with neem and kelp to start with for feed.
    Any chance you can PM me a link for these online, please? I have no idea what to choose when i go on google.

What stage are we at mate,
    Redz
    Very early stages. I currently have my Seedlings in small pots with jacks magic/perlite & they're just being watered right now. They're about 3 weeks old & most have their 2nd set of leaves. All sat under a blue spec CFL.

I plan on keeping quite a lot of them in pots (not sure what size to aim for with the pots, but i will probably get airpots) & some will go into raised beds. They will all be in a poly tunnel.

did you get to read a couple pages tbh I didn't but spoke to a couple people and got the books out. Are you ready to start using the soil food web brother.
    Peace
    Redz
    I have been reading different pages here & there but it's a minefield of opinions! I didn't know that the soil food web existed until just now, but will check it out I'm no botanist though, so hopefully it'll make sense

What about the fish blood & bone/insect frass (charge) that i have?
    Last edited by Type M; 05-01-17 at 10:15 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-01-17)

Thanks

Morning matey, I should of bookmarked this thread like a dope I waited for a pm yesterday.
    I see you got the kelp and neem THE NATURAL GARDENER is where I would of got this neem is £9.00 for 2.5 kilos and kelp £8.00 2 kilos and you want these in powdered form. Make sure the kelp is (ascophyllum nodosum) brown algae the one above is the right stuff and I would get some of there wormcastings aswell.

Find your local brewers and order either there lightest/palest malted grain something like pilsner malt,light ale, Morris otter is probably the first you'll come up with just make sure it's whole get the uncrushed option. This stuff is only a couple quid a kilo.
    I would get rice hulls at the brewery because this will make up 30% of your airiation

This is the straw brother

Ideally my mix would be
    1:1:1
    Compost/ewc
    Airiation
    Peat substitute I used moorland gold but coco with a good rinse will be fine because we're going to use gypsum oh any coco growers out there I would try a little gypsum in schedule I think you would see a difference and I think we could start seeing less of this cal-mag madness lol
    Anyway then ideally for airation I wanted pumice/lava rock but found 4-6mm basalt which was perfect mixed with perlite and rice hulls because the rice hull's break down eventually these are excellent organic matter and bring goodness in time

Then I use per cubic foot soil mix
    1 cup kelp
    1 cup neem
    1 cup crab/crustacean meal your charge/thrive will be fine
    1 cup malted grain

Then my minerals
    1 cup gypsum
    1 cup oyster shell flour
    3 cups volcanic rock dust

This is the english design lol I would put bio char in but there's a company that does bio char compost so use that as the compost part and your good to go.
    When you search online organic garening shops this should be the first one to come up I'll also have a look for the link mate and pm it over.

With any neem product (bottle wise) make sure they are 100% cold pressed organic what you will find is these bottles have a big inert ingredient in them a lot of products I've seen 50% and upward ffs and we all know what inert means here lol.

That's how I would attack the whole lot
    Get the soil mixed and you can put a cover crop down ( ill let you know if you want to do this) it'll start working the soil till your ready to plant in beds etc.

Couple teas this shit will be flying brother.
    If I had the room or a garden I would buy nicking comfrey plants for the garden and they would be my main mulching additive and free from the garden

How's this sound
    Redz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (06-01-17), ggotch (27-01-17), Type M (06-01-17)

Thanks

Oh sorry mr M
    We have started covering our ipm programme with this mix I have got that in mind mate!
    Redz

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Type M (06-01-17)

BlackJack Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Type M do not use cow manure or any manure that is mixed with hay. You will be pulling weeds forever! The best manure is poultry, duck, or pig. Horse is a good sub. Horses don't eat the weeds that cows or goats do....seeds come out in their poop and germinate in your ground. Cunning is spot on. I've been growing a chemical free garden for over 40 years. If you can, save some manure back for manure tea which can be added weekly to such plants as peppers, tomatoes, broccolli and the such. Save all grass clippings and leaves to start a compost pile. I use wheat or any "small grain" straw to cover all walk ways and around the plants to keep weeds down and the ground cool and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    Cow or horse lol?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogman For This Useful Post:

redisiel (06-01-17), Type M (06-01-17)

Thanks

Forget about manure man it's not needed TM
    Redz

20. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Type M (06-01-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast