Thread: Just swapped my Cool tube for an Air Cooled Hood, wow!

Thanks

Default Just swapped my Cool tube for an Air Cooled Hood, wow!

Curiosity got the better of me after reading about Cool tube vs Air Cooled Hood. It needed a bit of modification to get it into my 2 x 2 x 5 but I got there in the end , and when I turned it on the difference is VERY noticable! Its so much brighter and the spread is fantastic in comparison. I will always keep my Cool tube as a back up for sure and im not knocking it, as without it I would not have my Auto growing like she is! However im certain since changing to this hood she is loving the change!
    As this hood is air cooled I would imagine it should be ok in the summer aswell?
    There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.

~Richard Bach

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud-e For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Depends in summer mate as you can't fight the ambient temps in your room but coolhood good choice mate

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

what make/ model air cooled hood did you go with?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i love my cool hood at min , 6inch Sunlight Dominator Magnum XXXL . do loose bit of head room though but that due to havin a feckin fat carbon filter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Ironman (04-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

I just plumbed in for a hood instead of a tube, your right on all counts, better spread but more headroom. I find that it looks the dogs dangleys too!😎

Mine was only a cheapy too. 45quid swift air mini 6" of the bay😆

sent from Thames Ironworks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Bud-e (04-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    what make/ model air cooled hood did you go with?
    I bought a Black Orchid air cooled hood, and the Black Orchid cool tube before that.

Dr-Chronic Guest

Yeah man I use black orchid hoods to man and a black orchid tube I do highly rate them

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

MrMen Guest

im currently using 2x cooltubes with euro reflectors on top gonna be adding a 3rd light soon so will probably try an air cooled hood refelector for that 1 and upgrade the cooltubes in the future if i like the results
    Last edited by MrMen; 04-01-17 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,254 Times

I have my 2 1000 watt super HPS lights in air cooled hoods and I feckin love em. The Glass stays pretty cool to the touch and that's just with a 6 inch high velocity cooling both of them. The hoods I use are called "High Yeild Big Kahuna". They are 6 inch air cooled hoods but you can change how the intake and exhaust tubes connect. You can run them as straight through or smoke stack or both. It's pretty cool. I have the middle ones straight through so I can connect the hoods and the outside two are in the smokestack fashion so the ducting just goes straight up through the duct holes on the top of my tent. You guys should check em out. There 154.95 US dollars each. Not cheap but also not too expensive. There pretty big though. This is the description on the site.

The BIG KAHUNA grow light reflector is the LARGEST 6" INLINE AIR COOLABLE REFLECTOR AVAILABLE! At an enormous 33" Long x 27" Wide and 10" Deep the BIG KAHUNA reflector gives your garden the widest area of coverage possible in an air coolable reflector.

An ADJUSTABLE SOCKET allows you to center your light bulb to create a consistent “footprint” of light over your garden’s canopy while also allowing you to move the bulb up or down to create a wider or tighter light spread. The exclusive Adjustable Socket found only on the BIG KAHUNA is the most versatile in it’s class and is just one reason why it is best of it’s class.

Ghost