Thread: Drying box

Thanks

Default Drying box

Hi,
    I am considering building a grow room, but would be very limited on space. I would only be able to have one plant at a time, which would suit my needs, but I wouldn't want to have to use the same space for drying.
    If I got one of those large plastic boxes, like the reallyusefulbox type, and put rubber seal around the rim so I t sealed tight, and then put in inline with the air intake for the grow box, would that be ok?
    U would have it so air from inside my shed went into drying box, then into grow box, then through cool tube, through carbon filter and then back into the shed.
    That amount of airflow across it wouldn't dry it too quick would it?

Cheers
    Pete

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-01-17), Trex (17-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

You can use just A plain old Cardboard box, and cure just as well. Just make some holes in two sides, put in some wood dioles, space about 1 1/2" apart. Just an suggestion, good luck and happy growing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bfg (30-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Dnt dry direct with fan ,it will make you weed smell like dried hay .

Best hung with air movement but no direct blowing , then when sticks can snap ,its a genereal rule that the weed is dry , then get mason jars , i use wide mouth . Then let them sit in There ,open up a few times a day for air exchange.

Theres a drying process ,then a curing process . Seems the same but its not .

I swear you will see such a difference in your product its unreal my friend .

I harvested my outdoor plant in mid september . And id say it was only ready for showcase a few weeks ago . I mean send to high times for evaluation type quality ,and medical quality . But thats my opinion .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Bfg (30-01-17), Glynne (17-01-17)

Thanks

Cheers for the replies. Stealth is my main concern, so must have any errant odours. That's why I wanted to hook a box up I live with the grow box ventilation, so it would go through the carbon filter.
    If it's a 4" fan running on minimum, would that be too much?
    May have to just not grow for 1-2 weeks while drying.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

Trex (30-01-17)