Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What ph pen would you recommend?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I've always had German quality tools hilti and got a Milwaukee diamond drill rig . For cutting 110mm bores had it two weeks burnt it out got a replacement lasted a week . Got a hilti one still going after four years

sent from mission control
    Not the same as power tools man .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (07-01-17), Danuk (07-01-17), Glynne (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post

I know but the dam price of them . I'd agree with you on the Hanna instruments never had the privilege of using Milwaukee instruments .

sent from mission control

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Danuk (07-01-17), Glynne (23-03-17), Trex (07-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Hilti are great tools . Try getting replacement parts though . I have two sds hammer chippers in cases needing a basic part.in each . Discontinued parts .... Milwaukee has always had problem with their drills . Hitachi seem the best . Hitli can suck my dick from now on . Milwaukee right angle drill sucks monkey balls . Has failed us many many times in the field .

Bosch are hands down the worst powertool ive ever owned .

Dewalt and hitachi seem to have good quality . Dewalt for cordless , my xrp 14.4 v has lasted me 17 years ,batteries are just startijg to fail me .

Milwaukee saw-zalls are the best

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (07-01-17), Danuk (07-01-17), jake420 (27-03-17)

Thanks

Ended up getting an essentials, tried 3 shops round my area and none stocked the bluelab and I couldn't wait as mine was bust. Thanks go Everyone's opinions

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danuk For This Useful Post:

British green (07-01-17), Trex (07-01-17)

Thanks

Right – here’s my experience, as a warning.

I’ve never done this before – I’m an experienced gardener, but have never grown anything hydroponically. I did read up a lot, on all sorts of sites. Consensus *seemed* to be that all pH meters go bang quite quickly, so buy cheap, replace often. THIS IS WRONG.

I made the mistake of buying one of the yellow ones for about £12 (they’re everywhere on eBay and Amazon etc) – what a load of SHITE. No matter how often I calibrated it (several times a day, after maybe a week of use!!!) it would quickly drift away. Until I realised this was happening, I was upping and downing my bloody nutrient solution constantly – astonishing I haven't killed my poor little plant, but she seems to be doing well still.

I posted a negative review on Amazon; the Chinese manufacturer quickly responded to me, and sent me another one. This one doesn't work at all, always freezing at 0 or 7 when I try to calibrate it. Removed the batteries etc several times as they advised me; no success at all.

I’m trying to do this on the cheap (I know, I know, always a mistake…) as I’m a bit skint, and not even sure dope is the answer for me. But I’ve learned the hard way that there are some things you can’t skimp on, and the pH meter is one it would seem.

Hope that helps. Oh – yes, sorry, I’ve bought an “Essentials” one now for just under £40, as it seems to be a reasonable compromise between quality and price, but will report back here in a week or two. Also bought the storage unit thingy and some calibration fluid for it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-17), Danuk (09-01-17), ggotch (23-03-17), jake420 (27-03-17), Trex (09-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Bosch are hands down the worst powertool ive ever owned .

Dewalt and hitachi seem to have good quality . Dewalt for cordless , my xrp 14.4 v has lasted me 17 years ,batteries are just startijg to fail me .
    Are Black & Decker basically the same as Bosch btw?

Was a weird one as i grew up (80s/90s) with these both being really popular well spoke of brands, but that really doesn't seem to be the case now, all Bosch stuff just looks plasticy to me now, and I bought a B&D 18v hammer drill a while back and it looks the part but just feels a bit piss weak :P

I also have to research and procure a full soft landscaping setup later this year and have all the joys of researching what is and isn't pish :P
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

British green (09-01-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks, IT IS GOOD ADVICE.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by berralang View Post
    Thanks, IT IS GOOD ADVICE.
    Testing my patience with pointless posts.. 1 more and you're history.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Danuk (23-03-17), ggotch (23-03-17), joker_the_smoker (23-03-17), M_C (23-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    Testing my patience with pointless posts.. 1 more and you're history.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Nah BA, he's history now....

Just checked him against stopforumspam.com, his email addy is listed!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (23-03-17), Danuk (23-03-17), ggotch (23-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
    Right – here’s my experience, as a warning.

I’ve never done this before – I’m an experienced gardener, but have never grown anything hydroponically. I did read up a lot, on all sorts of sites. Consensus *seemed* to be that all pH meters go bang quite quickly, so buy cheap, replace often. THIS IS WRONG.

I made the mistake of buying one of the yellow ones for about £12 (they’re everywhere on eBay and Amazon etc) – what a load of SHITE. No matter how often I calibrated it (several times a day, after maybe a week of use!!!) it would quickly drift away. Until I realised this was happening, I was upping and downing my bloody nutrient solution constantly – astonishing I haven't killed my poor little plant, but she seems to be doing well still.

I posted a negative review on Amazon; the Chinese manufacturer quickly responded to me, and sent me another one. This one doesn't work at all, always freezing at 0 or 7 when I try to calibrate it. Removed the batteries etc several times as they advised me; no success at all.

I’m trying to do this on the cheap (I know, I know, always a mistake…) as I’m a bit skint, and not even sure dope is the answer for me. But I’ve learned the hard way that there are some things you can’t skimp on, and the pH meter is one it would seem.

Hope that helps. Oh – yes, sorry, I’ve bought an “Essentials” one now for just under £40, as it seems to be a reasonable compromise between quality and price, but will report back here in a week or two. Also bought the storage unit thingy and some calibration fluid for it.
    its also always good to scan the auction sites etc for used lab gear,i got a £700 ph n temp meter(schott handylab) for £20 purely cos no one knew what it was and it needed a new probe.

probes are dead easy to get cheap as it turned out,mine was £12 plus a £2 phono adapter and a new 9v battery,so for 35£ i got an excellent bit of very accurate kit thatll last me a lifetime.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Trex (23-03-17)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast