Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Themostatic Heater & Cooling device in one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    Hi People

So the other day i was looking for a thermostat to switch on a AC unit and stumbled across this nifty little device called Inkbird ITC-300 series.
    Took a punt and got it after reading reviews (majority of people using it to brew their own ales) and am very impressed so far.

I bought the one with a 12inch probe, it's £33 for the longer probed version or £27 odd for the shorter one which in fairness is probably just as good.
    It does both heating and cooling, alternates between the two and can have base points set + - of the target temp, alarm and a few other cool functions.

Not used it in the tent yet, but it responds very quickly to temp change, swapping from boiling to cold water sees the temp change within a few seconds and the heating / cooling relay kicks in retrospectively. You can use just the one mode if needed as well

Be careful with these mate I had one controlling my pc fan for my little veg cupboard and was only using it for 2-3weeks before it broke, what ever controls the cooling switch to turn on and off stuck so my fan didn't automatically turn on to cool down. Luckily I noticed before it caused any major damage

Thanks

[quote]Be careful with these mate I had one controlling my pc fan for my little veg cupboard and was only using it for 2-3weeks before it broke, what ever controls the cooling switch to turn on and off stuck so my fan didn't automatically turn on to cool down. Luckily I noticed before it caused any major damage [/quote

Hi man
    I will do, so far it's been in use for just over two weeks with no issues.
    Can you get yours replaced? Sounds like the internal relay has got stuck probably a very simple fix although not the point

Hope it doesn't happen to mine though!

My Grow Diaries

1st - Master Kush No 1 - 14oz Dry turned hermaphrodite
    2nd - LSD -Train Wreck - Girl Scout Cookie - Chocolate Skunk - 3.8oz Dry turned hermaphrodite

Current
    3rd - Bulk Cheese & Purple Kush

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Danuk (07-02-17)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Html33;1070535182]
    Be careful with these mate I had one controlling my pc fan for my little veg cupboard and was only using it for 2-3weeks before it broke, what ever controls the cooling switch to turn on and off stuck so my fan didn't automatically turn on to cool down. Luckily I noticed before it caused any major damage [/quote

Hi man
    I will do, so far it's been in use for just over two weeks with no issues.
    Can you get yours replaced? Sounds like the internal relay has got stuck probably a very simple fix although not the point

Hope it doesn't happen to mine though!
    Haven't tried but I bought it a good while before I used it. A few hits against the wall and it started working again but I can't bring myself to trust it again haha

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

my aircon is plugged into a plugin thermostat without a probe, cost £15 been in continual use for around 12 months now without problems, i assume it has a built in censor

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5