Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Themostatic Heater & Cooling device in one!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

I brought one of these recently for my groom. Mine has the smaller probe and been using it to keep temps up to 23C when lights are off or on if if it gets that cold in the cupboard when lights are on. Very easy to set up and has a rating of 2200w and 10amp's can easy run my 600w oil filled rad. I do not use the cooling socket as i have no need for it yet (maybe in the summer).
    So far has kept the room to min of 22.5 by my hydrogrow meters so it doing what i wanted it to do. I will be taking out of the room and putting it in the loft and use the probe only in the groom. I do not like red lights in my groom when lights off prob paranoia but as it has a red led display it will go in the loft. So far i am impressed with it and will keep ppl updated on how go's overtime.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

plug heater in to ecotech controller jobs a goodin

nice find on that kit though looks good

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (06-01-17), Ironman (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post

Unfortunately i have a SMS fan controller with no heater option so this was ideal for my situation.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), joker_the_smoker (06-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    I'm going to be making some sort of white grill for my probe to sit inside.
    I've found that the probes made for liquid temp reading get hotter with the direct light. So I'm making some sort of protector that will allow air flow but block the direct light. That way you can sit the probe exactly level with the top of the canopy and get a truer reading.

Most of my temp probes I use are for water/liquid and I keep them inside 2 cheap plastic thermometers taped together. I know this works because all of my temp probes are within .5 of a degree of each other and match up to the cheap Mercury thermometers. I'll get a pic up later so you can see. 😆

sent from Thames Ironworks

That is a really interesting point actually. All new to this my self.
    Previously i had all my probes exposed, one on the side of the tent wall dangling, one between the pots leaf level and another one that i moved and generally found the wall one to be higher which had directly light (and maybe picking the temp of the tent fabric?)

When you say 'the top of the canopy' are we talking, sorta above the light but below the filter? Excuse my ignorance....

You got me thinking now, i need a bloody 12 inch long box of some sort....

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    I went for the smaller probe mate, I wouldn't be able to handle 12inches
    (Giggity)😂

sent from Thames Ironworks
    I'm with you on that one but it's interesting watching the missus play with it whilst i analysis the data output

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    I brought one of these recently for my groom. Mine has the smaller probe and been using it to keep temps up to 23C when lights are off or on if if it gets that cold in the cupboard when lights are on. Very easy to set up and has a rating of 2200w and 10amp's can easy run my 600w oil filled rad. I do not use the cooling socket as i have no need for it yet (maybe in the summer).
    So far has kept the room to min of 22.5 by my hydrogrow meters so it doing what i wanted it to do. I will be taking out of the room and putting it in the loft and use the probe only in the groom. I do not like red lights in my groom when lights off prob paranoia but as it has a red led display it will go in the loft. So far i am impressed with it and will keep ppl updated on how go's overtime.
    Nice man! Good to hear of someone else who is having good results.
    Yeah the LED's are too bright to go in the tent, and the plugs aren't the longest but can always just use a pair of single line extension cables to run into the tent....Always good to see the figures any way

Yeah man keep this thread updated
    Last edited by Html33; 06-01-17 at 05:39 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Unfortunately i have a SMS fan controller with no heater option so this was ideal for my situation.
    just on a whole i ment not just ya setup K lol but no what you mean i have the same kinda controller on veg tent which has no heater option either

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

just on a whole i ment not just ya setup K lol but no what you mean i have the same kinda controller on veg tent which has no heater option either

I'm not familiar with that unit (quick google was too generic :P) but what i liked about this was it was pretty cheap, all in one and will do everything without the need to purchase anything else or wire it up!
    Hell, i'm pissed off now i bought a Wireless RF thermostat controller that only updated like every 2 mins and was only to a whole degree (21c) that was £18

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), joker_the_smoker (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Ecotech controller is lovely bit of kit but last time i looked was around £160. I did get what you meant joker mate with the Eco's just i should have purchased one in the first place and will prob do if if i set up my tent as planned.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), joker_the_smoker (06-01-17)

Thanks

ecotechnics controller mate. wire up ya intake and outake plus a leccy fan heater. select your temps and humidity etc let it do the rest.

but yea not cheap £150quid

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Ecotech controller is lovely bit of kit but last time i looked was around £160. I did get what you meant joker mate with the Eco's just i should have purchased one in the first place and will prob do if if i set up my tent as planned.
    lol ano mate 1st time am running it meself i did same thing an bought different one GSE controller then heard of that afterwards

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

ecotechnics controller mate. wire up ya intake and outake plus a leccy fan heater. select your temps and humidity etc let it do the rest.

but yea not cheap £150quid
    lol ano mate 1st time am running it meself i did same thing an bought different one GSE controller then heard of that afterwards
    I think that would make my RVK6" hum like a bitch...
    I read really mixed reviews regarding hum.... so it's either go for en expensive (but tasty looking) SMS Hybrid or do this....

Currently in my situation where i can't vent fresh air into the tent i'm going to use this InkBird with a fan heater and air con unit and then when i move flat hopefully i can vent fresh air in and i'll just have an intake fan on the 'cooling'.
    Great thing with doing this as well is, i can get a cheaper 6 speed adjustable variac controller (like £60) and reduce my exhaust fan (so noisy in the same room in the flat)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast