Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Themostatic Heater & Cooling device in one!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    That is a really interesting point actually. All new to this my self.
    Previously i had all my probes exposed, one on the side of the tent wall dangling, one between the pots leaf level and another one that i moved and generally found the wall one to be higher which had directly light (and maybe picking the temp of the tent fabric?)

When you say 'the top of the canopy' are we talking, sorta above the light but below the filter? Excuse my ignorance....

You got me thinking now, i need a bloody 12 inch long box of some sort....

I'm with you on that one but it's interesting watching the missus play with it whilst i analysis the data output

Nice man! Good to hear of someone else who is having good results.
    Yeah the LED's are too bright to go in the tent, and the plugs aren't the longest but can always just use a pair of single line extension cables to run into the tent....Always good to see the figures any way

Yeah man keep this thread updated
    Canopy level = the top section of your plant. Canopy is usually created with a scrog or sog but can be achieved by topping your plant several times.

The idea is getting lots of colas/heads all at a level height giving you equal light penetration.

This is a perfect canopy off Google search

I place my probe just in between the tallest and the shortest cola. Usually about 8" from the light but always in direct light. I used to hide them with the leaves so they were shaded but that's no good if the buds at the top ain't shaded. Lol.

I've found this out because I had the Mercury thermometer in there next to the probe and it was sometimes 4 degrees out. It's the metal around the probe conducts the heat.

Most probes that are specific air temp probes have a grill type thing on them anyway.

sent from Thames Ironworks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Html33 (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

I'm all over the ecotechnics controller. I too fell foul of being a bit cheaper and now buying little bits to make things work better. I bought the rhino twin fan controller. Which does the same as the ecotechnics but not digital and is half the price. It's half the price because it's half as good.

At the moment the only thing I use my controller for is as a speed controller. The probe works OK but it just turns the fan on full blast until it's cooler but it means my temps move between 24 and 26 constantly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Just found the ecotechnics on eBay £109.00 I'm seriously thinking about it. Gotta stop spending on my groom tho. Lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    I think that would make my RVK6" hum like a bitch...
    I read really mixed reviews regarding hum.... so it's either go for en expensive (but tasty looking) SMS Hybrid or do this....

Currently in my situation where i can't vent fresh air into the tent i'm going to use this InkBird with a fan heater and air con unit and then when i move flat hopefully i can vent fresh air in and i'll just have an intake fan on the 'cooling'.
    Great thing with doing this as well is, i can get a cheaper 6 speed adjustable variac controller (like £60) and reduce my exhaust fan (so noisy in the same room in the flat)
    it has min/max fan run speed. set it higher so ther no hum. if there is hum jon lower ust knock up a wooden box fill it with rockwool put fan in it. i dont vent fresh air frrom a widow in my room jus open window occasionally .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    Just found the ecotechnics on eBay £109.00 I'm seriously thinking about it. Gotta stop spending on my groom tho. Lol

best investment i made ironmon. i got night an day temps dam near identical during this stretch lol.

109quid not to be sniffed at !

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

BadMF (06-02-17), Ironman (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

farmguy Guest

Thats the place i got mine refurbed an been tickin here 3 grows without fault good place an fast postage great product came fully boxed with all leaflets

Atb

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), joker_the_smoker (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    best investment i made ironmon. i got night an day temps dam near identical during this stretch lol.

109quid not to be sniffed at !
    Just noticed it's manufacturer reconditioned. Comes with a year warranty tho. I might just wait till the end of the month and get a new 1 for £150.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    Thats the place i got mine refurbed an been tickin here 3 grows without fault good place an fast postage great product came fully boxed with all leaflets

Atb

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Cheers farmguy😆

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just noticed it's manufacturer reconditioned. Comes with a year warranty tho. I might just wait till the end of the month and get a new 1 for £150.

samwise got same one as listed cant complain with 1 year warranty bro

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), kbag (06-01-17)

Thanks

Canopy level = the top section of your plant. Canopy is usually created with a scrog or sog but can be achieved by topping your plant several times.

The idea is getting lots of colas/heads all at a level height giving you equal light penetration.

This is a perfect canopy off Google search

I place my probe just in between the tallest and the shortest cola. Usually about 8" from the light but always in direct light. I used to hide them with the leaves so they were shaded but that's no good if the buds at the top ain't shaded. Lol.

I've found this out because I had the Mercury thermometer in there next to the probe and it was sometimes 4 degrees out. It's the metal around the probe conducts the heat.

Most probes that are specific air temp probes have a grill type thing on them anyway.

Gotcha sweet. I can't say we were measuring the temp there, at all....Amature mistake!
    Yeah you're right on the metal casing, when i was playing with my 12inch probe i was fondling it and the temp was going up and as soon as i released it, it continued going up for a couple seconds presumably where i had heated the metal up....
    Keep me posted on what you fabricate, could do with a bit of inspiration!
    Last edited by Html33; 06-01-17 at 06:44 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (06-01-17), joker_the_smoker (06-01-17), kbag (09-01-17)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast