Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Grower (and Member)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Quote Originally Posted by esanacore View Post
    That's a pretty brilliant trick...my intake is passive at the moment, and is limited to the screened rectangle intake as described previously.

If need to introduce more air (passive or active) I intend to use one of the 6" double cinched duct ports as an extra intake, particularly, the one at the bottom left side of the Grow Tent.

I'll sort it out soon (I promise), but just FYI, this grow is 100% legal. I am in California, with a medical card & 99 plant exception - both acquired from 420recs.com (thanks Dr. Francis G. Ambrosio!) so light leak probably isn't as big of a deal for me as it would be for other growers.

Like I said, I'll sort it out though...thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello brother and welcome to the forum ... noce set up and it sounds like yoi have done your research and got all that you require ... good for you bro ... and on the legal growin part, damn it im jealous hehe alright i had to put it out there lol
    As far as the light leak goes, and althought discretion isnt an issue for you, yoir worries wouldnt be about light leaking OUT as much as it is leaking IN.!!!! Remember, that once the girls are in flowering, any light leaks may disrupt their dark cycle, leading to stress and hermaphrodite plants and trust me you dont want your plants to hermie (busted timer screwed up my very last run .. busted timer = messed up dark cycles etc) ... itll mess up with the yield, the physical quality of the buds as well as the potency ..... we dont want that after aboit 4 months of working hard and waiting now do we 😉😉
    Happy growing and good luck brother .... let us know if ya ever need anything or have any concerns or questions 😊

Check out my new QuadStrain grow 😉 :
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=147030
    and my previous TriStrain grow 😉:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134573
    Check out my current TriStrain grow

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrCannaP For This Useful Post:

esanacore (11-01-17), GEORGE (11-01-17)

Thanks

Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowHigh5 For This Useful Post:

esanacore (12-01-17), GEORGE (12-01-17)

camkush Guest

Love seeing people prepared, welcome pal and best of luck to you

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camkush For This Useful Post:

esanacore (12-01-17), GEORGE (12-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LowHigh5 View Post
    Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camkush View Post
    Love seeing people prepared, welcome pal and best of luck to you
    Thank you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrCannaPath View Post
    Hello brother and welcome to the forum ... noce set up and it sounds like yoi have done your research and got all that you require ... good for you bro ... and on the legal growin part, damn it im jealous hehe alright i had to put it out there lol
    As far as the light leak goes, and althought discretion isnt an issue for you, yoir worries wouldnt be about light leaking OUT as much as it is leaking IN.!!!! Remember, that once the girls are in flowering, any light leaks may disrupt their dark cycle, leading to stress and hermaphrodite plants and trust me you dont want your plants to hermie (busted timer screwed up my very last run .. busted timer = messed up dark cycles etc) ... itll mess up with the yield, the physical quality of the buds as well as the potency ..... we dont want that after aboit 4 months of working hard and waiting now do we 😉😉
    Happy growing and good luck brother .... let us know if ya ever need anything or have any concerns or questions 😊
    I tried to reply yesterday...looks like it didn't post.

Thank you so much for that, that makes perfect sense - and I never would have thought of that on my own!

I definitely don't want to stress out my plants, I'll start thinking about the best way to handle the light leak right away.

It is a gorilla grow tent, the only intake at the moment is the roll-up one on the back wall. My biggest concern with incoming air is eliminating dust/pet hair/ dander - though I am a very clean person and don't allow my dog in the room while the tent is open (pest prevention too).

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

DrCannaP (12-01-17), GEORGE (12-01-17)

Thanks

Hey guys,

So I started my grow diary - I decided to place it in the LED Grow Diary section (but I did name the thread "esanacore's First Grow -- OG Kush -- Kind LED so everyone can easily see that it is my first grow), rather than in the Newbie Corner.

Here it is: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ferrerid=79081

Thanks,

-Eric

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-01-17), GEORGE (15-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Hi mate, welcome to the forum

...is that light leak I can see at the bottom of both sides of the tent?
    Finally took care of that light leak...I closed up the flap, installed ducting to act as intake, installed a dust shroom on the end, and have the ducting bent to eliminate all light leak.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-01-17), DrCannaP (17-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrCannaPath View Post

Finally took care of that light leak...I closed up the flap, installed ducting to act as intake, installed a dust shroom on the end, and have the ducting bent to eliminate all light leak.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to esanacore For This Useful Post:

DrCannaP (17-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Thats awesome good for you bro .... cleaning out my tent from the previous grow and seeing all that dust, i need to do exactly what ya did 😉😉 happy growin brother

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DrCannaP For This Useful Post:

esanacore (17-01-17)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast