Thread: michrobes failed to stop pythium

Thanks

Default michrobes failed to stop pythium

I have been posting a lot about rising pH problems. I found that the cause was that I yet AGAIN had some root rot. It wasn't nearly as bad as before. The equipment was very slimy, but it did not smell. The roots were only a little brown. I can not understand why this happened. I have replaced all of the equipment including the reservoir, channel, tube and pump. The channel and res were completely dark and very well light sealed. The res temp was at optimum oxygen solubility temperature 68F. I had dosed it many times with Hydroguard beneficial microbes. Perhaps the microbes helped a little and that is why it was not as bad this time, but I have taken every precaution I can think of to stop Pythium and I still got it. I have yet again changed the res and replaced all of the equipment, washed the roots, and I have switched from Hydroguard to H2O2. I have applied a full dose of H2O2 to the res and I will be applying a 1/3 dose every day from now on. I am not satisfied at all with this because everything I have read indicates that microbes are a much better way of dealing with Pythium than H2O2, and also have lots of other benefits that I will now be missing out on. Thanks for all your guys help and cross your fingers for me this time!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (11-01-17), ERBURT (11-01-17), redisiel (11-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Defo a strange one that

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

redisiel (11-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

One can only ask what acctual microbes are in that there bottle.
    Are these the same roots that got black after adding the humics to your res?
    I'd be looking more for a purple non sulpher bacteria(PNSB) for keeping a clean res or a lacto acid bacteria(LAB) I've seen people run run a anorobic hydro reservoir with no problems using these.
    I hope you get your issues sorted mate.
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

hi fogponics

no luck mate ,keep at it as youll learn loads

what size air pump you using and what size res tank,and what size air stones/discs ? where is your pump sat ?

are you adding stuff to your res other than just nutrients?

im fairly new to dwc ,i dont add nothing but nutes, no hydro gaurd or any of that stuff . keep your res and equipment clean and at the correct temps then you shouldnt really need that stuff i think .

heres a link to my first diary :https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-jesse-pinkman

and heres what im doing now :https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...urple-x4-(dwc)

hope you resolve your issues good luck

Thanks

************ LINK REMOVED ***********************
    hydroguard is Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens rather than the more common Bacillus Subtilis, they say it is superior
    what brand do you guys use?
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 12-01-17 at 11:25 AM.