Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evolution Ecotechnics controller..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Default Evolution Ecotechnics controller..

Just a quick question about this controller...
    Does it make your fans buzz when not running at full tilt? Ive got a 6"RVK L1 and a 4" vents TT inline fan (this 1 is rubbish).
    Next grow im wanting to try and make the environment a bit more automated.
    Ive also seen good things said about this unit and as its cheaper than a full hybrid controller if it really is good i think i will get 1.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

depends how low you set the min running speed at. my rvk intake will buzz if its to low

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Thanks

I use my 6"rvk for extraction at about 50-60% and ive only got passive intake... im building a box for my 4" intake fan today. Well a cardboard box with popcorn as the insulator.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks

the controller needs a intake and outtake fan bro but does that mean you have just bought a intake lol? lost me haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Bulls Guest

I've tried different settings on my fan and noticed little humming if you go under 30% with rvk 6'' l1 mate..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Viz Guest

Only get the humming at very low %, you can use the controller without an intake fan and passive intake. Regulates the temp/humidity and fan speed based on temp just the same as it would with a in take fan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Only get the humming at very low %, you can use the controller without an intake fan and passive intake. Regulates the temp/humidity and fan speed based on temp just the same as it would with a in take fan.
    hows that, it needs intake fan to combat the RH if it goes to high. if you notice that RH goes high the intake kicks in higher an higher depending how high RH is

i would advise using intake with it for sure

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Viz Guest

Totally agree optimal is to use the intake fan.

The controller will also use heater and fan speed to regulate Rh I found by using the min/max settings.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17), joker_the_smoker (11-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    the controller needs a intake and outtake fan bro but does that mean you have just bought a intake lol? lost me haha
    I got a 4" inline crappy vents fan with the kit i bought and then went and bought an rvk 6" L1 as an upgrade so will use small 1 for intake, 6" for extraction and also have another 4" passive intake as the Vents fan is pretty shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    I've tried different settings on my fan and noticed little humming if you go under 30% with rvk 6'' l1 mate..
    I dont think i will be ever be using it under 40% minimum speed so should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Totally agree optimal is to use the intake fan.

The controller will also use heater and fan speed to regulate Rh I found by using the min/max settings.
    I will get a small heater of about 1Kw as i would like a more automated enviroment.
    I was looking at those inkbird controllers but the ecotechnics looks like a more tried and tested unit.
    Thanks all for your info and help everyone.. 🖒😀

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (11-01-17)

Thanks

get the leccy fan heater from b an q . bout 12quid. runs at 1000w or 2000w. i only have it set on 1000w.
    also get connectors for the controller. they in the early part of me current diary. got them from maplin but cheaper online to buy

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (11-01-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast