Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: desperate for help with my seedlings

Thanks

Default desperate for help with my seedlings

hi all i am new to this website and i signed up because i am in desperate need of help with my 2 week old plants

i am growing in canna coco and this is my first time growing, i used a 600w dual spectrum HPS from seed, i germinated in jiffy pellets and transplanted them to 1 gallon pots of coco when roots were showing. the temps are 26 degrees at the tip of the leaf and i feed them with canna coco A and B at 300 ppm every other day.

now the problem i have is today i saw that one of the leaves on one of the plants have wilted massively and there are light brown / yellow blotches in the vain area on the leaf

where am i going wrong here i have pics showing the problem any help is greatly appreciated.

(edit) the relative humidity is kind of a problem atm the lowest its ranging fro 35-40% im trying to bring it up but limited budget ect means its hard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2494.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	338339 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2511.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	338340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2497.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	338341 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2504.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	338342 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	338343

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Looks like you may have some water damage. Drops of water left on the leaves will cause the light to burn them. Other than that they look fine.

What's your background ec? Straight from the tap

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

subzy123 (11-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subzy123 View Post
    hi all i am new to this website and i signed up because i am in desperate need of help with my 2 week old plants

i am growing in canna coco and this is my first time growing, i used a 600w dual spectrum HPS from seed, i germinated in jiffy pellets and transplanted them to 1 gallon pots of coco when roots were showing. the temps are 26 degrees at the tip of the leaf and i feed them with canna coco A and B at 300 ppm every other day.

now the problem i have is today i saw that one of the leaves on one of the plants have wilted massively and there are light brown / yellow blotches in the vain area on the leaf

where am i going wrong here i have pics showing the problem any help is greatly appreciated.

(edit) the relative humidity is kind of a problem atm the lowest its ranging fro 35-40% im trying to bring it up but limited budget ect means its hard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2494.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	338339 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2511.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	338340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2497.jpg 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	338341 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2504.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	338342 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	338343
    It could very well be humidity related considering seedlings have underdeveloped root systems resulting in them requiring between 60-70% humidity.. This can be achieved by placing damp towels in your grow room or spraying them with PH water (only when lights are far away or off), ideally with a mild B vitamin solution which should help your plants recover nicely. The vitamins aren't a necessity but if you plan on training them at any point (recommended) then it'll also help them recover faster as well as promoting better health in general!

Edit: Take Loki's advice over mine, he's much more experienced than I am and has better knowledge in regards to growing as whole..
    Last edited by Adam1303; 11-01-17 at 10:12 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

Ironman (13-01-17), Loki (11-01-17), subzy123 (11-01-17)

Thanks

water just from the tap is at 90ppm and on the first picture i posted do you know why the leaf has wilted and has light brown blotches spreading from the middle outwards?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to subzy123 For This Useful Post:

Loki (11-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

like loki said one those pics are water damage. can we go with ec instead of ppm. that mean ya tap water bout 0.1ec?
    what's ya ph of feed been? look little hungry to

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1303 View Post
    It could very well be humidity related considering seedlings have underdeveloped root systems resulting in them requiring between 60-70% humidity.. This can be achieved by placing damp towels in your grow room or spraying them with PH water (only when lights are far away or off), ideally with a mild B vitamin solution which should help your plants recover nicely. The vitamins aren't a necessity but if you plan on training them at any point (recommended) then it'll also help them recover faster as well as promoting better health in general!

Edit: Take Loki's advice over mine, he's much more experienced than I am and has better knowledge in regards to growing as whole..
    There's no need to alter the pH of the water when foliar spraying.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (11-01-17), joker_the_smoker (11-01-17), Samwise Gamgee (12-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    There's no need to alter the pH of the water when foliar spraying.
    I know, it's mainly because he said it's his first grow so getting in the habit/used to PHing water isn't a bad thing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (11-01-17), Samwise Gamgee (12-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1303 View Post

Don't rule your advice out Adam, your advice is sound man. High humidity is recommended for seedlings to give the roots a chance to develop a healthy plant. The vitamin spray will also be very helpful. I think the damage is most likely due to water on the leaf only because it is isolated to the one leaf.

0.09 ec background, mine is 0.70 ec. Keep the feeds where they are for now, up them to 500ppm if the bigger leaves start to show signs of fading, this would indicate that they are hungry.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Adam1303 (11-01-17), British green (11-01-17), ganja.lad (11-01-17), joker_the_smoker (11-01-17), Samwise Gamgee (12-01-17)

Thanks

so i should up the nutrient amount? and the PH has always been 6.0 - 6.2 could that be a problem? im absolutely gutted about the plant, Ive spent most of my money on equipment and stuff so i hope it doesnt die and there is something i can do to fix it. btw the run off is about ph 6.2 and 300ppm

17. The Following User Says Thank You to subzy123 For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (12-01-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

If your growing in coco then the Ph should be lower on the 5.5/5.8 more than 6.
    But I don't grow in coco so please confirm with seasoned coco growers.
    All the best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast