Thread: Fox farm nutes from seedling, in normal compost...good or bad idea? ?

Thanks

Default Fox farm nutes from seedling, in normal compost...good or bad idea? ?

So this is my second attempt at a grow as my first one has hit every problem going I think lol.
    This is a Think Different Auto flower. I have added 30% perlite to the soil this time for better drainage and also a earthworm for good measure. I have bought fox farm nutes and got my ph pen, ph up\down and cal mag.

I have planted this in its final pot (8L smartpot), upgraded my lighting to a duel spectrum 300w CFL (on 24h)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8329.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	338377 and plan on adding a couple of 40w to the side of the box when it grows a bit.

My question is:

Fox farm claim you can use big bloom from cutting and seedlings. I really want to feed it big bloom on the first water but don't want to hurt it.
    From my understanding big bloom is quite a mild nutrient with very little nitrogen in so shouldn't burn the plant but encourage root growth.

Is it ok to use it now? I know a lot will say there is nutes in the soil but I really don't think there are many in the soil I have as my other plant only started to grow again when I fed it grow big and big bloom....

I want to give this plant the best chance it can have to thrive but I don't want to hurt it....
    Any advise Will be welcomed.

This seedling popped up on the 9th of Jan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    So this is my second attempt at a grow as my first one has hit every problem going I think lol.
    This is a Think Different Auto flower. I have added 30% perlite to the soil this time for better drainage and also a earthworm for good measure. I have bought fox farm nutes and got my ph pen, ph up\down and cal mag.

I have planted this in its final pot (8L smartpot), upgraded my lighting to a duel spectrum 300w CFL (on 24h)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8329.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	338377 and plan on adding a couple of 40w to the side of the box when it grows a bit.

My question is:

Fox farm claim you can use big bloom from cutting and seedlings. I really want to feed it big bloom on the first water but don't want to hurt it.
    From my understanding big bloom is quite a mild nutrient with very little nitrogen in so shouldn't burn the plant but encourage root growth.

Is it ok to use it now? I know a lot will say there is nutes in the soil but I really don't think there are many in the soil I have as my other plant only started to grow again when I fed it grow big and big bloom....

I want to give this plant the best chance it can have to thrive but I don't want to hurt it....

Just leave her be for now in my opinion.. She's still a baby and showing no signs of hunger/under feeding so there's no need to risk nute burn.

When you start growing your best bet is include as little room for error as possible, feeding this early adds possibility for error so I really wouldn't right now.. Especially considering there's food in the soil.

EDIT: To add to what I said when plants are this young they tend to absorb a lot of moisture from the air, which leaves them reliant on high humidity. If you want a healthy plant I'd stick a propagator on top of her, if you don't have one then cut a bottle in half and leave the lid on.. Place it on top of her and lift it off every day to allow fresh air inside. This helps promote a healthy root system and ultimately benefits your plants insanely more than providing nuts that she's too young to benefit from.
    Last edited by Adam1303; 13-01-17 at 02:15 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam1303 For This Useful Post:

Macka (13-01-17)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post

Just let it grow mate.. too young for feeding..don't do anything.. let it dry out and when you feel the pot is light water her again...soil should have enough nutrients for the first couple of weeks at least... you will do more harm giving her Bloom Nutes in Seedling stage... this is an auto.. will get stunned and won't grow. Just let the plant do it's business mate..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Macka (13-01-17)