Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Home made, 2 tier drying box.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Default Home made, 2 tier drying box.

I didnt know what to do when i chop my girls tonight or tomorrow....so after thinking for a bit, i thought i would induldge my creative side and build myself a very simple drying box... the idea is to draw air through 2 boxes into my tent and then the smelly air is scrubbed by my CF in the tent and dumped in the loft. I have an ambient temp in the room with my tent in it of 17-18°C and humidity at 40%.... so about right. Ive got to keep the light on in my tent as i have a photo plant vegging that will be trained a little and put into 12/12 in a couple of weeks. So i dont want to dry my bud in the tent as its too warm, even in a cardboard box.
    I thought i would share with ppl..So here goes..
    What i used...
    2 cardboard boxes (mine were different sizes but they can be whatever size you want).
    2 lengths of 4" ducting.
    Gaffer Tape..i ran out and had to use clear parcel tape halfway through😔.
    String.
    Drill to make holes, but anything can be used....pencil, chop stick, screwdriver etc.
    Stanley knife.
    Newspaper to line the boxes.

I took the larger box and strung two layers with sting so i can utilise all of the box...

Then i sealed the box up with gaffer tape... i ran out just when i finished it so not too bad, just had to use sellotape after that.

I then cut a door in the end so i have access into the box...
    I also drilled holes in the door as this is where i want fresh air to enter my drying box.
    This is the view into bottom box.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

happyjack (01-02-17), joker_the_smoker (14-01-17)

Thanks

I didnt know what to do when i chop my girls tonight or tomorrow....so after thinking for a bit, i thought i would induldge my creative side and build myself a very simple drying box... the idea is to draw air through 2 boxes into my tent and then the smelly air is scrubbed by my CF in the tent and dumped in the loft. I have an ambient temp in the room with my tent in it of 17-18°C and humidity at 40%.... so about right. Ive got to keep the light on in my tent as i have a photo plant vegging that will be trained a little and put into 12/12 in a couple of weeks. So i dont want to dry my bud in the tent as its too warm, even in a cardboard box.
    What i used...
    2 cardboard boxes (mine were different sizes but they can be whatever size you want).
    2 lengths of 4" ducting.
    String.
    Drill to make holes, but anything can be used....pencil, chop stick, screwdriver etc.
    Stanley knife.

I took the larger box and strung two layers with sting so i can utilise all of the box...

Then i sealed the box up with gaffer tape... i ran out just when i finished it so not too bad, just had to use sellotape after that.

I also drilled holes in the door as this is where i want fresh air to enter my drying box.

This is the view with door closed and the smaller box on top.

I then taped the small box on top of bigger box and joined them with a length of 4" ducting, then cut a 4" hole in the side of the small box on top, as far away from entry from bottom box so air passes through whole of top box...
    Cat took an interest...🐯

Then the cat took much more of an intested...LOL.. dont you just love them.

So then i attached it to my tent with another length of ducting... so basically its a passive intake that runs over my buds first and the smell is scrubbed by my CF so rule No.1....sorted. (no smell).

This is what its like....i will sort out some sort of door for top box asap.

Front of the bottom box in situ. With door open.

Picture from a different percpective...
    Its not perfect but it works.

I did a smoke test with the door on the bottom box open and it draws air very gently through the boxes into the tent so i think it might work...im seeing very slight negative pressure from both boxes..🖒🖒🖒😀😀😀🖒🖒🖒.

Will keep you updated on how it works and plz let me know if anybody has any ideas on how i can improve it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (30-10-17), happyjack (01-02-17), joker_the_smoker (14-01-17), MR B-loom (14-01-17), M_C (14-01-17), WADDIS (01-02-17), _teapot_ (14-01-17)

Viz Guest

Cheers for the ghetto drying very helpful to me. Think I am chopping on Sat night or possibly Sun

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne View Post
    What i used...
    2 lengths of 4" ducting.
    String.
    Stanley knife.

This is the view with door closed and the smaller box on top.

I then taped the small box on top of bigger box and joined them with a length of 4" ducting, then cut a 4" hole in the side of the small box on top, as far away from entry from bottom box so air passes through whole of top box...
    Cat took an interest...🐯

Then the cat took much more of an intested...LOL.. dont you just love them.

So then i attached it to my tent with another length of ducting... so basically its a passive intake that runs over my buds first and the smell is scrubbed by my CF so rule No.1....sorted. (no smell).

This is what its like....i will sort out some sort of door for top box asap.

Front of the bottom box in situ. With door open.

Picture from a different percpective...
    Its not perfect but it works.

I did a smoke test with the door on the bottom box open and it draws air very gently through the boxes into the tent so i think it might work...im seeing very slight negative pressure from both boxes..🖒🖒🖒😀😀😀🖒🖒🖒.

Will keep you updated on how it works and plz let me know if anybody has any ideas on how i can improve it.

Good idea mate this will come in handy for a few I'm sure

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-01-17), joker_the_smoker (14-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

niceee one glynne looks sweet man. should do the trick nicely. look forward to seein how it does

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,395 Times

Nicely done mate your cat made me chuckle haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OGPermaBaked420 For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-01-17)

Thanks

Hey glynne, decided to stalk your threads. I was planning something like this, attaching a box online with extraction, but may just use all my space to grow and have to wait while drying til the next grow.
    But could maybe sort something out inside my shed, above ground. How did it dry, I'm worried it might dry too quick?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

Glynne (31-01-17)

Thanks

Hi BFG.. thanks for havin a look around.. the box thingy did work but it dried a bit quick... 4 days in total. Next time i would do it a bit differently but i dont know how yet.

Thanks

I was thinking maybe have some holes in the second box, so Hal the air is drawn through that box, and reducing the flow over the bud, but still hopefully containing the smell?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bfg For This Useful Post:

Glynne (31-01-17)

Thanks

I worked out that u need an empty box with holes in that is connected to the intake ducting straight to the tent and then another box attatched to the first with holes in it with the bud in as there is too much air flo in the box with ducting to the tent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast