Thread: My first setup

Thanks

Default My first setup

OK, to start I have never grown before. I have raised a few tomato plants, but I am uber-novice. I am planning my first setup and wanted to get opinions on what I may need to plan differently. Here goes:

I have a utility room off of my garage that is air-conditioned along with the rest of the house. The only air coming in is from one air conditioning vent, otherwise the room is mostly airtight. I have a freezer in there, but nothing else. I have ample room in this space to place a darkroom 150 grow tent. This would be a good option for me since I don't need stealth per se, but out of plain view. I bought feminized WW seeds from Dutch Passion, and hope to start with four plants. I had planned on purchasing a 600w HPS light and a squirell box blower for ventilation. Based on what I've read, it sounds like Foxfarm Ocean forest mixed with perlite is the way to go. I had also considered using aerodized grow bags in lieu of plastic pots.

I've read through all the articles about the importance of watching pH, humidity, temperature, etc. I will be using my HPS from start to finish. Does this sound like a reasonable setup for a small grow? Also, what supplemental nutrients should I think about once the soil's fertilizer is used up? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks

if you provide enough soil for the duration the plants will be alive then you wont need to supplement them with nutes, which will make your first grow that bit easier and you wont over-fert your babies
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers