Hi guys, newbie here looking forward to beginning my first grow in a couple of months when the weather warms up. I'm learning as much as I can before starting and have been for a while now but I have a few questions to ask. Any help would be great!

Quick rundown of what I plan to do: Photo and Auto's Soil grow in polycarbonate greenhouse (south facing so will get sun for whole day), Will be watering with nutes as a 'tea', don't like the idea of spraying the leaves. Plan on using a DIY CO2 generator later on in the grow, vinegar and baking soda as I've read that this really enhances the growth?!

I have a few photo's which I got a while ago which I'll be using to begin with but will also be getting auto's as I've decided I'd rather do auto's for ease. (light control is a no no due to space and money, hence greenhouse!)

1. Soil: I've heard of guys using B&Q Verve compost but have heard mixed reviews. I was thinking of a seedling compost to cover the nutes for around 4 weeks then I'll carry that through the grow and just top up with my own nutes? Recommendations? Maybe John Innes?

2. Sand: Is it worth lining the top and bottom of the pots with play sand to prevent against larvae? Prevention is better than cure is it not!

3. Pearlite; do I need it or not? Most composts I've looked at contain coco in small quantities which should retain some moisture. Is it a necessity or an option?

4. Nutes: I've got old timers grow and bloom ATM, am now looking at getting some Epsom salts, rhizotonic for root growth and maybe formulex to use in conjunction with old timers. Thoughts on this, is it too much?

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I'm forgotten some questions but I'll update if needed. Thank you in advance for any help