Thread: Dresser Grow - Ventilation Help

Thanks

Default Dresser Grow - Ventilation Help

Hello there.

I need some help with my dresser grow box. My dresser is 27 x 30 x 13 (Width x Height x Depth).
    I have 4 x 12mm, 1 x 10 mm, 3 x 8mm PC Fans. I don't know their power or CFM. The bigger the more air it blows.
    I am planning on build a 250w CFL grow, 10 or 8 cfl light bulbs. No ducting because I couldnt figure out how to manage it yet.

I have read that it is not necessary to have intake fans, just exhaust and let the fluid dynamics do its job, but here where I live the temps hits 80+ degrees very often.

Two 12mm fans intake at right and two 12mm fans exhaust at left to make sure all air from outside blown to the bulbs are pulled out after travelling a - almost - straight path.
    And 3 or 4 intake fans on bottom part blowing fresh air directly on the plants or above them(I am not sure if this is the best option) to provide CO2 and cool the temp.

I need any suggestion, tips or even critics on this sketch. Do you think the top fan scheme will do its job on keeping the temps down? Do you think I should only provide exhaust?
    Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Doc 2_1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	338576  

Thanks

Hey D, I've just built a veg wardrobe. I'm running a 250w cfl in a hood, with a 4 inch fan running and ducting out. I put a hole probably 5 times the size of the exit for a passive intake through the back, then cut holes in the floor for the air to circulate into the cab. It still gets rather hot in there. Although the wattage spread over more bulbs maybe easier to cool

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

12mm?

I use two 120mm computer fans at the top of the box for extraction, and one 120mm intake computer fan at the bottom of the box.

All connected to a little 12v transformer from ebay.

I find it keeps the temps ok for anything up to 5 23w cfl bulbs, anything over that and things start to get warm. I haven't dared get up to anything over 6.

The intake fan provides enough push to act as a circulating fan also.

I think your sketch would provide enough air movement for 8 lights, however I would point out that you are going to get a lot of light leak from all those holes in the box. I have used computer fan filters will some effect, but there was no doubt that the box was FILLED with light!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Grimoire (21-02-18)