Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best way to extract air from tent in loft?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dave1raver View Post
    Thank a for the reply but what if I have an air cooled light reflector? Won't I need to use ducting in between fan and filter?
    Thanks Dave
    Air cooled lighting should have a separate extraction fan and duct from the main extraction for it to work properly.

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    I have a window in my loft that rarely gets opened,only on really hot days.

I passive intake through the vents on the tent.

I extract into the same space,I just have the ducting pointing away from the tent.

So in effect I am recirculating the air.

As was said if the loft isnt insulted and boarded out fully then the fresh air will make its way through somehow,works for me.
    Same here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave1raver View Post
    i do have a chimney yeah its not used as we have gas central heating. i also have a vent in the fascia where the bathroom extractor fan blows now.
    maybe i could just unclip the bathroom ducting and use that for fresh air coming in?

also can i just knock out 1 or 2 bricks and seal around the duct?
    In my old home where i had a loft big enough for a tent i knocked bricks out of my old chimney and had my extraction going through there, as long as your careful it wont be a issue and for intake i had a small vent in my loft from outside i just had my intake from there drawing cold air directly to where my fan was blowing, but i had a net over my fan to stop bugs dust and so on from entering.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cregles For This Useful Post:

dave1raver (20-01-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2