Thread: Are these temperature controllers any good?

Thanks

Default Are these temperature controllers any good?

Hi
    Has anyone used something like this to control temps? I've seen the very expensive versions, just wondered if these are up to the job? I'm growing in the attic and it's really cold up there, looking for something to help stabilise temps.
    Any help much appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmerpalm For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

If you want a proper controller get the ecotechnics evolution fan controller.. you can connect your extraction, intake and fan heater...set the desired temperature and humidity and the controller will do the job for you...
    But if you want cheaper version .. that plug-in thermostat controller will do the job too.. but not very trustful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (19-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Viz Guest

Yeah I tried to much about with the plug in controller, used a different one to yours up in the image but same principle. It works ok but you lack the precision needed because of where the plug in controller is located in your groom.

Another vote for the Evolution. Love it and wish I had bought it earlier in my grow.

Thanks

Thanks guys. That's the one I've been trying not to buy but fuck it, I can't be bothered messing around with cheap crap if it doesn't work. Just thought I would see if anyone had good results with the cheaper versions.
    Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viz Guest

You can pick up the Evolution for under £110 refurbed or new for £125 on ebay if you look.

Thanks

I'm on there right now seeing how long warranty is on refurbished!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

I cannot knock these cheaper plug ins used for 2 seasons now and still going strong, only thing is when setting temp I set it 1 degree higher because it checks temp 30 seconds after it hits that temperature, good for a quick fix but I will be upgrading soon

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Palmerpalm View Post
    I'm on there right now seeing how long warranty is on refurbished!

Same as new, 1 year.