Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Repotting Autos

Thanks

Default Repotting Autos

Hi all, I'm getting ready for a first attempt at growing but can someone please explain whether it's true that auto's can't/don't like being repotted and why? What makes it any different to transplanting a photo? Ta very much, LG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LG27 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Autos have a very short veg cycle so, if you up pot, there is a chance of stunting her whilst she recovers...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (23-01-17), ggotch (19-01-17), joker_the_smoker (19-01-17), LG27 (19-01-17), Oldsmokie (29-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LG27 View Post
    Hi all, I'm getting ready for a first attempt at growing but can someone please explain whether it's true that auto's can't/don't like being repotted and why? What makes it any different to transplanting a photo? Ta very much, LG
    Potting up photo period plants can sometimes slow down growth for a couple of days while the plants get used to the new soil, this is ok because you can veg them for a little longer to compensate for the slow down. With autos it's a bit of a race against time, so you really want them growing to there full potential throughout, so slowing the growth rate by potting up isn't ideal for autos.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry Munk For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-06-20), LG27 (19-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Munk View Post
    Potting up photo period plants can sometimes slow down growth for a couple of days while the plants get used to the new soil, this is ok because you can veg them for a little longer to compensate for the slow down. With autos it's a bit of a race against time, so you really want them growing to there full potential throughout, so slowing the growth rate by potting up isn't ideal for autos.
    Thank you, that's perfect clarification is it ok to start an auto seed off in rock wool then plant in the soil or is this still going to shock the plant? I'm worried that the roots won't fully develop when planted straight in its final pot!?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Straight in will be fine mate : )

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Oldsmokie (29-08-17)

Thanks

Thank you, that's perfect clarification is it ok to start an auto seed off in rock wool then plant in the soil or is this still going to shock the plant? I'm worried that the roots won't fully develop when planted straight in its final pot!?
    That's okay, no problem, I'm sure germinating in Rockwool then transferring to soil isn't going to have an adverse effect on the grow, however that's a guess as its not something I have done before, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will come along and say so. Personally I germinate all my seeds directly in soil and have never had a problem. Good luck with your first grow, well done, you've taken the first step to becoming dealer free. Any questions just stick them up on this forum, other growers will be falling over themselves to give you detailed advice at every step, as they have already in the above posts.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry Munk For This Useful Post:

Cunning (20-01-17), Oldsmokie (29-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Munk View Post
    That's okay, no problem, I'm sure germinating in Rockwool then transferring to soil isn't going to have an adverse effect on the grow, however that's a guess as its not something I have done before, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will come along and say so. Personally I germinate all my seeds directly in soil and have never had a problem. Good luck with your first grow, well done, you've taken the first step to becoming dealer free. Any questions just stick them up on this forum, other growers will be falling over themselves to give you detailed advice at every step, as they have already in the above posts.
    Why the digs Harry?

Got a gripe,just come out and say it fella.

We dont fall over ourselves to answer questions or sit here all day gaining piles while the kids are starving and the house is a mess.(another post)I was offended yes.

We are here because we all have something in common........we love cannabis,be it growing it,smoking it or shoving it up our arses.

You seem to know a fair bit about it yourself and seem to have valuable knowledge to share.

Why not just share it and be happy at the same time?

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (21-01-17), Dr Anonymous Green (25-01-17), EaZiE (24-01-17), ERBURT (21-01-17), ggotch (21-01-17), joker_the_smoker (23-01-17), kbag (21-01-17), Loki (21-01-17), M_C (21-01-17), Oldsmokie (09-09-17), Twisted (21-01-17)

Thanks

I know a few guys now who pot up with autos with zero trouble.....you gotta be extra careful though as they dont like to have their roots disturbed....it is completely possible to pot up with zero stress the real question is how careful can you be lol ....i guess experience and confidence!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-01-17)

Thanks

Thanks everyone, at least on here people do seem to help each other. First forum I've joined but I've seen loads before where people just end up arguing haha have a good one guys

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LG27 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-01-17), ERBURT (21-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Why the digs Harry?

Got a gripe,just come out and say it fella.

We dont fall over ourselves to answer questions or sit here all day gaining piles while the kids are starving and the house is a mess.(another post)I was offended yes.

We are here because we all have something in common........we love cannabis,be it growing it,smoking it or shoving it up our arses.

You seem to know a fair bit about it yourself and seem to have valuable knowledge to share.

Why not just share it and be happy at the same time?
    Hi Bethmeg, sorry I admit a couple of my posts have been a bit shitty and unnecessary and for that I apologise, It was bad form on my part. My gripe was a PM I got from a mod. I was told to change my tag line line as it had caused offence to a female member, I agreed to change it but asked how come user names like "Clunge Muncher"were ok? (No offence to Clunge Muncher I think its a great username and a past time I enjoy) but the mod in question couldn't even be bothered to reply, so I kinda felt like a slapped down child and it pissed me off. The way I see it the members of a grow forum are the customers and the mods are the assistants who keep it all running smoothly...this particular mod needs a lesson in customer service.

With regard to this thread, the dig was that the guy stated he was preparing for his first ever grow and apart from mine all he got was 1 sentence answers, come on, its his first ever grow, give the guy a bit more detail than a 1 line answer, its his first ever grow....

I have been growing a while now and there probably is some info I've learned that a new grower would find helpful, but I'm obviously no longer cut out for grow forums, think I've become too grumpy..

Anyway apologies for causing anyone any offence, especially you......you used to be on my friends list...I think you're the only one left here that was.

I'm gone, may see how I get on in another couple of years.

Keep it green

Harry Munk AkA Monty Bong

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harry Munk For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-01-17), joker_the_smoker (23-01-17), M_C (21-01-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast