Thread: Wattage of bulbs for my size set up

Thanks

Default Wattage of bulbs for my size set up

hi all

i am setting up my 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 tent and using an NFT GT424 Hydroponics system.

i also have an air cooled light reflector with glass lens with a 600w hps for flowering. Is this ok?

Just wanted to know what type of bulb would be better for Veg stage? a mate has told me to get a 300w dual spectrum cfl as there cheap to run but im not so sure?

whats the better bulb to have for vegging i.e, CFL, MH, HPS? and also what wattage would i need for my size tent?

hope to have about 4 plants setup on the NFT GT424 setup.

Thanks Dave

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1raver For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

I would get Digital Dimmable Ballast that works with 250,400,600w hps bulbs..get one of each dual-spectrum sunmasters bulbs and you will be ready to produce some big ass colas mate!

Thanks

Ah s*** i forgot i need the lower wattage ballast as well
    at the minute i only have a Maxibright max600245 so im guessing i need the same wattage ballast as the bulb.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I thought with the 600w digital dim-able ballast you only need one 600w bulb, then you can dim it down to 400 or 250.

Thanks

also what one of these is better for flowering?

*LINKS REMOVED*
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 20-01-17 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I thought with the 600w digital dim-able ballast you only need one 600w bulb, then you can dim it down to 400 or 250.
    only in flower though. not ideal dimming a veg bulb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave1raver View Post
    also what one of these is better for flowering?
    no external link either buddy. just stick ebay number up
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 20-01-17 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Why's that Joker does it damage the MH bulb?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (20-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Why's that Joker does it damage the MH bulb?
    you can run it but from what I have read it can damage the bulb/reduce life span. it not gona blow or anything an probs many people do dim them. but for me i run the correct MH bulb on the right setting on me digi ballast. could be a each to there own though

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (20-01-17), ggotch (20-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Hey buddy ... your tent size and set up sounds similar to mine. Heres what i had then and have now .... it doesnt mean thats whats best for you. Its just an option to consider among the many options the other gentlemen will provide 😊
    My tent size is similar and I had an air cooled (cool tube) 600w MH/HPS lumatek dimmable ballast .... I put the 600 MH bulb on during veg and dial it down when thw girls are very small then fast to 600 because they just grow quickly. I keep the MH (blue specteum) on til the girls stop thwir stretch after you flip to 12/12. After they stop stretching and i see them shooting MORE wgite pistils and start seeing bud formation, I switch to HPS and keep it at 600w. I made a pound on my first real run in that tent. After getting the groom environment dialed in and I got good control of heat and air exchange etc, I purchased a 350w COB LED and supplemented the HPS during flowering for a 1.2x1.2 scrog.
    Initially 600w MH/HPS interchangeable dimmable ballast should do ya well in there

Check out my new QuadStrain grow 😉 :
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=147030
    and my previous TriStrain grow 😉:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134573
    Check out my current TriStrain grow