Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attic Entrance

Bulls Guest

Default Attic Entrance

Good morning guys.
    I want to install a second not sure how to call it..bonnet ? On my attic entrance. The idea is the second one to be on the side of the attic and to be opened in the opposite direction and also to be able to be locked.

The idea is to be pretty much the same like this but on the other side. If I install a lock on my current bonnet will look suspicious ..
    A contractor company is coming to exchange my fire alarms on monday..and one of the alarms is placed right next to the attic entrance.. I don't want them to accidentally open it and see what's upstairs.
    I am very bad with DIY and not sure what I need to buy to make that. I guess I will be able to find most of the materials in B&Q?
    Also what will be the best lock to use? Thanks for the help guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (21-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Just watch him like a hawk the whole time he is there, make him feel very uncomfortable. If that's not an option, I'm guessing you want to install a second loft hatch.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Cull (21-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Another lid the same as on the outside will do
    Jus make out of wood chuck a padlock on it an done.??

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (21-01-17)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Just watch him like a hawk the whole time he is there, make him feel very uncomfortable. If that's not an option, I'm guessing you want to install a second loft hatch.
    Haha It worked once mate..I didn't even have my baseball bat in my hands and he done the job quickly lol.. haha joking it. I think yes second loft hatch will give me more of peace.. I can always kick his ladder if he reaches to open the loft hatch though...
    Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Another lid the same as on the outside will do
    Jus make out of wood chuck a padlock on it an done.??
    Sounds easy enough Erb. Just copy paste the same thingy ..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-01-17), Loki (21-01-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Personally, I would be highly suspicious to see two loft hatches in a house. I would notice such things, and would wonder why.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (23-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

what about recording the noise of some rockweilers or German Shepherds play it loud on loop wont dare pop his head through.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Yeah jus get a bit of 16mm mdf,2 hinges an a lock.
    Or make one from tongue n groove.that would be better.
    Put the bits together then 2 battens across.
    Don't really matter wot you use as long it doesn't open
    Enough for eyes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Personally, I would be highly suspicious to see two loft hatches in a house. I would notice such things, and would wonder why.
    The idea is the second one to stay hidden behind the current one.. just in case he decides to be sneaky.. but if he sees it and asks I can always say It's a rented house in my contract says I must not go in the loft so I got no keys for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    what about recording the noise of some rockweilers or German Shepherds play it loud on loop wont dare pop his head through.
    Why would I have German Shephards in the attic matey? hHAhah. Got your point.. I think my little dog will do the job.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    The idea is the second one to stay hidden behind the current one.. just in case he decides to be sneaky.. but if he sees it and asks I can always say It's a rented house in my contract says I must not go in the loft so I got no keys for that.
    Ah, I see. All clear now, thanks.

When they came round our house to check the fire alarms, they never looked into the loft, even though they added an alarm right next to it. I'd be more concerned that there's no smell coming from the loft. Ours just has a bolt going across it. I don't think there's anything to worry about - except smells.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

[/QUOTE]Why would I have German Shephards in the attic matey? hHAhah. Got your point.. I think my little dog will do the job.[/QUOTE]

exactly man he be like feck that shit this guy got dog fights goin on in the attic

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-01-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast