Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attic Entrance

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

I'd just stick a little bolt lock like on a bathroom door on it just so it don't accidently open on him just look like 8t there to keep it closed he won't unbolt it and if he does kick his head in for being so nosey that's just standard 😉

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Yeah jus get a bit of 16mm mdf,2 hinges an a lock.
    Or make one from tongue n groove.that would be better.
    Put the bits together then 2 battens across.
    Don't really matter wot you use as long it doesn't open
    Enough for eyes.
    Thank you buddy. I will try and do it tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Ah, I see. All clear now, thanks.

When they came round our house to check the fire alarms, they never looked into the loft, even though they added an alarm right next to it. I'd be more concerned that there's no smell coming from the loft. Ours just has a bolt going across it. I don't think there's anything to worry about - except smells.
    So same as mine mate.. very close to the loft entrance. I got brand new Rhino Pro filter which removes all the smell Fans are turned down so no noise coming out of the attic too.

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Why would I have German Shephards in the attic matey? hHAhah. Got your point.. I think my little dog will do the job.
    exactly man he be like feck that shit this guy got dog fights goin on in the attic
    Joker you crazy toker
    Quote Originally Posted by BRACEY View Post
    I'd just stick a little bolt lock like on a bathroom door on it just so it don't accidently open on him just look like 8t there to keep it closed he won't unbolt it and if he does kick his head in for being so nosey that's just standard 

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a good plan matey haha.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (22-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Personally, I would be highly suspicious to see two loft hatches in a house. I would notice such things, and would wonder why.
    Hi. I agree with Aspie, If I opened a loft hatch and saw a second hatch door it would raise more questions in my mind. If these smoke alarms are not linked by cables there is no reason for the contractor to go in the loft so they won't open the door.
    You could buy a small bolt that can be padlocked and fix it to the outside of the existing door. As has been said you could just say you don't have access, that is if you rent and it's not your own house. Lol.
    Before you make a new second hatch check that you can swing it open. I notice from the pic that your hatch is under a sloping roof.

Hope it all goes well

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cornishman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What a plonker! Just realised the visit was today. FFS. Good stuff this!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Cornishman For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

It all went well guys sorry forgot to update. I haven't installed second hatch but just piled lots of cardboard boxes and stuff I had in the attic near the entrance .. so Just in case he opens it all he can see is boxes and boxes. But he never bothered with that just quick change of the smoke alarm and that was it
    Cornishman how did your visit go?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

rizla_C (29-01-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2