Thread: Grow room project

Thanks

Default Grow room project

Evening all.

I have been out of action the past few years but after moving houses and getting everything sorted in the new place and what not. I've found myself a lovely space for a nice little project.

So firstly I spent a day cleaning all the shit out and then painted the floor. I figured it would give an all round better look and help manage with dust and stuff. This then took over a day to dry properly
    (I had to wait for all the wood to come anyway)

The sockets where already at the back so I took that as a bonus.

Then did a bit of measuring, yep this is going to be lovely I say to myself! Rubbing hands together. So I put some studding up and made a box ha! My handy work isn't good at all so please be kind people.

After the weekend this is where I'm at with it. I still need to insulant the floor and seal everything up then give it a good clean and get some reflective sheeting up. as you can see in the pictures I'll be running 2X 600W. Haven't thought about a system too much at the moment but I was thinking maybe 6 plant DWC. What are peoples thoughts or what would you do with the space?

I look forward to getting back into the swing of things (been way too long) and getting back to The Talk!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	338895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	338910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	338906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	338907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	338908  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Collie For This Useful Post:

Cull (22-01-17), dougthehead (22-01-17), MR B-loom (22-01-17), M_C (22-01-17)

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

Hi Collie, nice space. Not dissimilar to the space I`m going to be using this year. From the look of it, you have a single brick skin outer wall and a flat roof that looks like Plaster board/MDF, probably covered with mineral felt. Am I close? Same as me, but my space already has walls on 3 sides and has a divider in the middle. Going to be using X2 600w lights too.

Not started building the stud wall/door frames that will make up the 4th wall of my new groom yet and if you don`t mind, I`ll tag along with your build and hopefully pick up a few tips along the way.

A six plant DWC is going to leave you plenty of room to work in there, why not add a couple auto`s to give you a quick smoke, while your waiting for the main harvest?
    Now if you`ll excuse me, it`s my lunch time

dougtheheads 3 strain grow Completed.

Thanks

Hi Doug

Yeah you're not too far off there mate. Jump aboard mate feel free to share some knowledge too. I plan to have this room done in a week or two as I have the time off. Work's always quiet January time.

When do you plan on doing the stud wall in your room or are you in not rush to complete it?

What will you be doing with your air flow? I'm not sure where I'm going to put Intake/Outtake just yet.

Thanks

Yo peeps

Just a small update for today. Spent most of my day cleaning the room from all the sawdust and shite that was in there. Room's like a surgery now, squeaky clean!

I then spent this afternoon sealing the room so it is air tight now.

I also put my shades up just to get a better idea of how things are going to look and they look pretty swell atm

Peace homies

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	338968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	338969  

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Collie For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (24-01-17), Cull (23-01-17), MR B-loom (23-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

nice space you have there.
    are you painting the walls and ceiling or putting up orca or similar.
    i reckon that area would be ideal for a 6 pot DWC system.

Good luck with it.

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Hi Doug

Yeah you're not too far off there mate. Jump aboard mate feel free to share some knowledge too. I plan to have this room done in a week or two as I have the time off. Work's always quiet January time.

When do you plan on doing the stud wall in your room or are you in not rush to complete it?

What will you be doing with your air flow? I'm not sure where I'm going to put Intake/Outtake just yet.
    No rush for mine, I don`t usually start until around the end of March because of low temps. I`d love to share my vast knowledge of DIY skills with anyone who would befit from them, but unfortunately I don`t have very many! Still, a stud wall, a lick of paint, couple of holes, how hard can it be?

Thinking that I will have a passive inlet in the first chamber, a small hole in the divider to the second chamber to pull through and then feed the outlet from my 5" RVK fan+Rhino pro through the wall into the bigger room I have next door. Just going to put a tumble dryer vent cover over it and leave it fairly obvious. Hiding in plain view. I was growing with tents in my garage last year. Just fed the outlet into the garage no smell, no condensation, no problem.

Did you insulate the roof at all? I`m considering it. Not really that worried about airborne police using heat sensitive cameras, but just in case you know?

Thanks

Yes BillyBob a friend had some spare reflective sheeting he kindly gave to me although there wasn't enough so I ordered some more yesterday and it's just arrived so I will finish the rest of the walls today and get some pics up later this evening.

As for what type of system I think I've made my mind up and going to go with 6 pot DWC, as said above should have a good bit of room to work with the girls later on down the line.

And yes I did insulate roof in the end, like you said, just in case..

Thanks

Evening guys, hope everyone's weekend is going well!

Oh man I'm so bad at uploading on time lol.. so here's what I've been doing today.
    Finished the reflective sheeting off. Then put some floor sheeting down just need to get some reflective type tape to neaten up all the overlaps.

Still not sure on where to put out take as yet..
    Or ballasts or anything like that. System should be here Monday so I'm just going to build around it and see what works best.

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	339244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	339245  

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Collie For This Useful Post:

Cull (28-01-17), dougthehead (29-01-17)