Thread: Seed transfer for Flood & Drain set up.

Thanks

Default Seed transfer for Flood & Drain set up.

Hi guys, I`ve just acquired some seeds to propagate for use in an IWS. I`ve read numerous posts about It but was wondering what`s the best media to plant them in once they`ve sprouted? Do I just pot them in soil and then plant the whole thing in my IWS pot? Or are those sponge squares better in a F&D system? As a newby there`s defo more question`s than answers at the moment! Kind regards...........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pondweed For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

I use the system.

My preferred method is a rootriot cube first for the seedling.Once roots are out of the cube transplant to a 3"coco/rockwool block and then once roots are out of this transfer to the system.

Sometimes I transplant the seedling into to a small pot of coco before going in the system,depends what Iv got at the time really.

I dont know if id use soil,it could cause problems.

Main thing is dont be tempted to put them in too early,get a few roots going first.
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 22-01-17 at 08:55 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Cunning (24-01-17), pondweed (24-01-17)

Thanks

Hi Bethmeg, thanks for taking the time and of course for the info! Just need to source the cubes now. Thanks again It`s much appreciated.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pondweed For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-01-17), Cunning (24-01-17)