Thread: Flowering Stage Soil Grow Problem

Thanks

Default Flowering Stage Soil Grow Problem

Hi guys,

I am having this weird problem which i dont know how to fix.
    I am using proper rich soil and my plant has been growing fine til now its the 4th week of flowering.

Strain is CBD AK Sativa Feminized

Lower leaves are yellowing/browning and dying and its spreading slowly to other leaves. Most leaves have yellow tips and I am really scared.

Buds seem ok for now but they may be next if the plant dies.

I am not sure whether this is a deficiency or too much N in soil or something else.

I water every 2 3 days (small amounts and sometimes flush) when the soil is almost dry but not very dry.

Certainly not overwaterring or underwatering.

Please help. Repoted 2 weeks before flowering stage was initiated.

I havent used any nutrients except the PK Bionova in 1/4 amount and only watered once every week with that after the 1st flowering week.

I am attaching some photos.

My setup is 1x250W HPS about 40-50 cm above the plant and
    temp is about 30 degrees with a little bit of CO2 enrichment
    humidity: 40%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001 copy.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	338937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002 copy.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	338938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0003 copy.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	338939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004 copy.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	338940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	338942
    Last edited by thclover7; 23-01-17 at 09:39 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thclover7 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-17), redisiel (25-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

How big is tour pot matey and what is PROPER rich soil is it heavily amended I wouldn't use the pk stuff I would bubble up some kelp for 24 hours and give her a feed of that and I would also get a mulch in the top of the pot tbh
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-01-17), MR B-loom (25-01-17), thclover7 (25-01-17)

Thanks

Pot is about 5liter (not sure) it was in this soil for 2 3 weeks before flowering started. It is a good soil but a bit too much N i think. It says it on the package that it was enriched with lots of nutrients to keep the plants good for 4 5 weeks but is it a deficiency I am seeing or overdose? It doesnt state the NPK ratio on the package which is a bit sad. I did give her some NPK before flowering I think that might have enriched the soil a bit. And now no more N is needed and it is too much in the soil.

But i have seen that this soil that i am using is somewhat rich in N and even my small plants show the same thing if water them more than a little and no extra nutes.

I did a flush with about 5 liter ph'ed tap water. And gave her a bit of PK (very little dose 1/4 of recommended or less) just in case.

I will wait a few days for the soil to dry out and if necessary should I do a bit more flush if the thing continues??

I fear I might lose it before harvest time... It has happened before (too much watering was last time but different soil) All leaves turned yellow and died.

I am not sure I can get my hands on any kelp or mulch.

Any other suggestions? There is no Purple coolor on the stems of the dying leaves so its not P deficiency or lock out. I think its too much N???

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thclover7 For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Your plant is most likely root bound in a 5l pot.

No idea what proper rich soil means so am going to ignore that.

What drainage do you have under the pot? Even if the pot has holes for drainage if the pot is on a flat surface sometimes the drainage does not work fully. Think tea bag on a counter. Top dries out but the bottom stays soggy. Think that is what is happening with your plants.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

EyeEyePickle (26-01-17), GEORGE (25-01-17), MR B-loom (25-01-17), redisiel (25-01-17)

Thanks

I dont think its root bound as i did repot it 2 weeks before flower from small 2l pot into this one and i think its more than 5l actually. Maybe 8 or something.

I have put it on top of another to properly drain it. See picture for attachment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	339052

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thclover7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The pot would be my main issue brother like viz says for sure the roots would of filled that pot in days not weeks. When you repot a plant they send roots out straight away in search of how far they can go across aswell as down which in turn tells the plant how far it can branch its not going to grow massive wide branches with a small rootball.
    Atb
    Redz

Thanks

but why is it dying on the 4th week? it should have lived happily even in smaller pot

Thanks

Its suffocating brother and the 4 th week is about when they'll probably start needing the extra grub mate
    Redz

Thanks

What I've heard...Sounds like deficiency organic soil when its feeding and they are healthy no nutrients needed to be safe but as soon as you see first sign of bottom leaves yellowing they need food usually is nitrogen deficiency and will spread upwards however now that it is in flowering I'm not sure what to say give it it's flowering food I guess but no expert .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

repot it and do what i post below and i guerantee u will see a explosion of growth.

Take 1/4 cup of kelp meal and cover that with about 1/2 cup of water and let it completely re-hydrate. Once that is done then pour off any excess water and use that for a kelp meal tea.

Take the hydrated kelp meal and puree it as much as possible to make a kelp meal paste. You'll want to do this in small batches and store in the refrigerator in the coldest place which is usually in a corner.

When you need to apply a kelp meal tea than add about 2 tsp. to 1 gallon of water, shake until it's completely dispersed and this is a safe concentration for spraying the leaves and you would probably want to double that amount to apply to the soil.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

Oldsmokie (22-09-17), tlh2496 (12-10-17)