Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to get the best taste and smell from your weed??

Thanks

Default How to get the best taste and smell from your weed??

I wanted to know what tricks and tips you have for getting the best smell and taste from your weed.. So far ive grown a few plants all of them have been autos and a couple have not tasted and smelt as good as i hoped. A few have been really nice though and i just want to know what went wrong with the others.

The one that smelt and tasted the best was the one i dried from hanging in my tent all the rest have been done in a box with small holes in..

Is it the way that you dry and cure that does it or are some strains especially autos just not as good? The best strains that ive had taste and smell from was my blackberry kush and girl scout cookies which was both made by fast buds.. Thats what makes me think it could just be the certain strains.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    I wanted to know what tricks and tips you have for getting the best smell and taste from your weed.. So far ive grown a few plants all of them have been autos and a couple have not tasted and smelt as good as i hoped. A few have been really nice though and i just want to know what went wrong with the others.

The one that smelt and tasted the best was the one i dried from hanging in my tent all the rest have been done in a box with small holes in..

Is it the way that you dry and cure that does it or are some strains especially autos just not as good? The best strains that ive had taste and smell from was my blackberry kush and girl scout cookies which was both made by fast buds.. Thats what makes me think it could just be the certain strains.
    Slow dry...slow cure!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), EaZiE (27-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17), locky_7 (26-01-17)

Thanks

Every time i have dried its taken about 3 days and then i cure for the rest of the time and leave them jarred and burp when needed. I dont wait till they snap to jar tho because that makes them too dry. I usually time it just before it gets to that point.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    Every time i have dried its taken about 3 days and then i cure for the rest of the time and leave them jarred and burp when needed. I dont wait till they snap to jar tho because that makes them too dry. I usually time it just before it gets to that point.
    You need to slow down the dry time should take at least 7 days

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (26-01-17), D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17), happyjack (26-01-17)

Thanks

If you dry in 3 days you will likely get hay smell everytime

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (26-01-17), D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17), happyjack (26-01-17)

Thanks

Try cutting it all down to golf ball sized nugs and dry in paper bags from wet....no hanging.....just line the bottom of the bags and fold her closed...check em daily and try to get a longer dry time

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Glynne (26-01-17), Happy roken (26-01-17)

Thanks

But if i wait 7 days then surely it will be too dry, i got told 3 - 7 days is usually enough but its different for everyone depending on the enviroment. Before i was drying in the summer though thats why it was most likely 3 days.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks

I just dont want to over dry it and get to the point where the stalks are snapping. I just had a look and humidity is at 65 and the temp is 19 degrees.
    Last edited by D90; 26-01-17 at 02:14 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Temperature plays a big part in getting it right..

From what you say then i should be toking on some fresh cheesey shit right now then but..

My shit has been hanging for 7 days and still wet because temps..
    I even stopped feeding them water a few days before the chop..
    Somethings are worth waiting for.. like a fine wine, weed needs to mature sometimes..
    So i am smoking some 20 day flushed 5 week cured cheesy shit right now and would smoke that every time over a fresh bit..

Just don't rush it. you waited this long to grow it, why not wait an extra week..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks

Hahah nice, Yeah man i still got weed from my last grow im in no rush i just want to do it all right. Im going to try and make it dry for as long as i can. I just read some other posts and i think 3 days wasn't enough i just think my conditions the times before made me jar it quicker because it was just too hot. Whats your temps at the moment? I think now that i got it at 19c it should be much better conditions for me to get the best out of it. Im still pretty new to it all and one of my grows just tasted horrible really. the others have been decent taste not so good smell and 2 have been really nice taste and smell. I just gotta learn from my mistakes and hold out for longer this time.

What do i do if the stems are snapping on day 4? do i still jar or do i wait? because everyone ive seen says once they all snap they're over dry. I also dont have any paper bags like he suggested earlier so have to make do with my groom

20. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast