Thread: most fan leaves drooping!

Thanks

Default most fan leaves drooping!

hello people, this is my first post as im new to this site and new to growing, just a quick one really. i already have an idea what is up with my plant but im just looking for confirmation. i dont have a picture but i can describe whats going on. basically i left my plant for maybe 3days tops and went to it this morning and most of the fan leaves were drooping apart from the top layer. they are really sagging and smothering all my the rest of the plant, the colour of the plant is still good, a nice green all over. i think it is underwatering because i usually water every 2 days but i left over 3 this time and im just wondering what every1 else thinks. the soil was bone dry so i watered it a load this morning, will it recover from this if the problem was under watering. would appreciate any1s views/opinions, thanks

Gaz

Thanks

what size pots you using?

it does sound like underwatering - hows the surface of the pot? - if you allow it to dry too much you'll have problems

give it a watering and it should pick up ( lift and feel the weight of it) and when it does dry again it will feel light, a good method
    If you found this useful - Press the thanks

Thanks

thanks for reply mate, im using a pot inside another, not sure wot size the first pot is but it sits inside a 10 litre pot, i dnt know why but my bro decided to leave it in the smaller pot when re-potting. the roots have managed to find there way through though coz every drain hole has roots at it. yeah i thought would be underwatering, the surface was bone dry mate i was going to water last night but i fell asleep and my light cycle is 9pm/9am so it would have just dried out all night. its in a 2ft x 2ft x 6ft grow box so it holds its heat and dries out quite fast. ill let you know if it has improved when i check again tonight

Thanks

is the smaller pot a plastic one? if it is thats gonna seriously damage your yield mate, you could try very carefully taking the smaller pot out and planting the roots straight in to the larger pot.

your problem definitely sounds like underwatering tho, they should perk up pretty soon after you give them a watering. give them a very light watering then give it 15mins or so then water as normal

Thanks

yeah it is a plastic pot its in mate, i think il just leave it coz its just one plant ive got and i dnt wanna loose it trying to get the pot out coz the bottom of the pot isnt cut or nothing so the roots will be all going through the drain holes, i dnt know what my bro was thinkin. i cant touch it till 9pm tonight coz its in its dark period but i gave it a bit of water before it went in tho so i will see how she is later and maybe water it later. cheers mate

Thanks

if its in veg you will be ok to remove it and remove the pot

let us know if she has picked up once you get a look at her

Thanks

iv just had a look at her now and she is back to normal and lookin healthy as ever. its been in flowering for over a week now mate so i think i will just leave it. how long does it usually take before it produce proper flowers coz it hasnt really changed much since the pre flowers havnt really changed much in a week? cheers mate

Thanks

Well you should see pistils at around a week to two weeks. actual buds forming depends on the strain really
    good luck with your grow mate

Thanks

you wont see much happening in the first week,
    patience matey she'll get into her stride and will start budding up in the next couple of weeks,
    you'll see a big difference during the last 2-3 weeks of flowering as this is normally when the buds swell up and put on their final weight
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

thanks lads yeah its just coz its my first time growing im a bit impatient haha. see thats the problem i dont know what strain it is coz it was out of a bag of weed i bought which was quite bitty with not many proper buds so i dnt have a clue what it was.