Thread: Can you cure weed you have bought? Do I need to? Am I doing it right?

Thanks

Default Can you cure weed you have bought? Do I need to? Am I doing it right?

Hey all

Just picked up some stuff off my
    Guy and the smell was insane, the budhowever did not have the potent taste to go with the smell, and I thought was a bit too 'moist' rather than sticky. The stems do not also snap off easy. I've been told it's 'lemon haze' (I can upload pics of the bud, may not be best quality as only taken on iPhone 7 plus) but the bud looks decent I think. I just think as it's lacking the taste and still a bit moist may not have been cured properly/long enough.

I have put my buds in a glass jar, which I have then put in an empty draw in a chest of drawers (my cool dark place). The buds have been in the jar since about 10pm last night (I am in the uk)

I have taken them out of the jar about 3 times for about 15 mins a time before replacing them back into the jar and into the drawer.

Am I doing this correctly? I don't know if it's me or a placebo but I'm sure every time I open it up after a few hours the smell gets slightly stronger. Am I doing it right and will this improve the quality and taste of my buds? How long do I have to do it for?

Attached pics of bud too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4132.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	339128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4108.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	339129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4107.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	339130  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westlondon1121 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-17), Type M (28-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

How much bud do you have out of interest? If it's still a bit sticky/fresh, then you definitely can cure it yourself & get the flavours back out.

I would remove all stork & keep burping/checking the contents a few times a day until you are happy that the contents aren't too wet. If you notice the buds feel softer than the last tme you checked, then leave the jar open for 30-60 minutes to let them breathe.

I normally check once daily for 3 days, then twice a week for 2 weeks, then i leave the jar closed for a whole 2 weeks. That's a minimum cure for me.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-17), kbag (28-01-17)