Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Small scale grow (1 plant) will smell be bad?

Thanks

Default Small scale grow (1 plant) will smell be bad?

Hey all

Due to some unfortunate circumstances (don't want to bore you with them) me and my girlfriend have been forced to move back to my mums for roughly a year or so (first time being at home since I'm
    18, now 25)

Anyway, I'm tired of always getting sub par bud or having to pay an extreme premium for something other than amnesia. (I know there must be plenty of good bud with a good variety out there, I'm just yet to meet someone that can provide me with it)

In no way am I talking a large scale grow. Will literally only be 1 plant in a smallish grow tent under one light, purely for personal consumption and once one plant is done my target is to start another.

I have a sizeable walk in wardrobe at my mums place in my room, certainly big enough to fit a small scale grow tent and grow one plant in there. My main concern is if she finds it as she won't be happy. Will one plant smell that bad? I know when drying it could smell a bit, but I'm sure once I have cut it down and harvested I can arrange for it to be dried at a friends house.

Has anyone else had any experience doing a small scale grow under such conditions? And can anyone recommend any specific equipment ?

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westlondon1121 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Trex (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Westlondon1121 View Post
    Hey all

Due to some unfortunate circumstances (don't want to bore you with them) me and my girlfriend have been forced to move back to my mums for roughly a year or so (first time being at home since I'm
    18, now 25)

Anyway, I'm tired of always getting sub par bud or having to pay an extreme premium for something other than amnesia. (I know there must be plenty of good bud with a good variety out there, I'm just yet to meet someone that can provide me with it)

In no way am I talking a large scale grow. Will literally only be 1 plant in a smallish grow tent under one light, purely for personal consumption and once one plant is done my target is to start another.

I have a sizeable walk in wardrobe at my mums place in my room, certainly big enough to fit a small scale grow tent and grow one plant in there. My main concern is if she finds it as she won't be happy. Will one plant smell that bad? I know when drying it could smell a bit, but I'm sure once I have cut it down and harvested I can arrange for it to be dried at a friends house.

Has anyone else had any experience doing a small scale grow under such conditions? And can anyone recommend any specific equipment ?

Thanks in advance
    Ok well , Northern lights is perfect for beginners . Heavy yeilds with topping and lst , and smells are minimum .

This plant is unkillable , she was my 2 liter entry and was treated like a football and is still kicking and growing solid bud . Nice balanced relaxed high .

Cant go wrong with N.L .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ok well , Northern lights is perfect for beginners . Heavy yeilds with topping and lst , and smells are minimum .

This plant is unkillable , she was my 2 liter entry and was treated like a football and is still kicking and growing solid bud . Nice balanced relaxed high .

Cant go wrong with N.L .

Thank you for your reply. I think I've had northern lights once a few years ago in dam, can't remember it though haha! So do you think I would be able to grow one northern lights without it being detected by anyone else in the house?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Westlondon1121 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

I think it would be difficult to avoid smell entirely without any sort of extraction. Ripe bud stinks. If you can create negative pressure within your walk in wardrobe then you could avoid smell. You would have to install a small extractor fan somehow.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Trex (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

To cut to the chase....

Yes, it's gonna smell & that smell has to go somewhere...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (27-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), ggotch (29-01-17), Trex (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Thank you for your reply. I think I've had northern lights once a few years ago in dam, can't remember it though haha! So do you think I would be able to grow one northern lights without it being detected by anyone else in the house?
    No , you will need venting of some sort . You can get a cheap extractor blower and carbon filter for 125$ 75£ roughly

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (29-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), M_C (26-01-17)

Thanks

If its a small space a rvk4" and rhino pro is what your wanting. I use this in my 1.2 while in veg and for drying in a 80cm its silent aswell could be my hearing tho. Dont go cheap i did this when i first stated and only went and bought proper omes in the end anyways

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

I urge you to respect your mothers house and not grow without her permission. Especially after her letting you move back in and opened her door to your girlfriend.

But it will stink, it will be noisy and your poor mum's leccy bill will go up.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

clownstyle (27-01-17), EaZiE (27-01-17), ERBURT (27-01-17), ggotch (29-01-17), ragnbone (02-03-17)

Thanks

Get a fan and filter, You cant go without it. I too thought i could get away with it and for a couple weeks you can, but it WILL smell and WILL smell a hell of a lot when flower kicks in. I wasted money the first time by buying a cheap filter. Make sure you get a good filter like the rhino. Its fuck all money seeing as it will stop you getting raided and caught by police or someone who thinks you're doing a bigger grow. Your mum should be the last person to worry about smelling it tbh.

Also when you're trimming your bud at the end the smell is overwhelming and can easily stink out multiple rooms. So unless you're doing that in your tent with the zip closed she will smell it. If she doesn't want you to do it and doesn't know you're doing it then don't.
    Last edited by D90; 27-01-17 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks

Hey all

18, now 25)

Thanks in advance
    Didnt realise that it was in your mother property, just dont. Its not your property and you should respect your mothers rules. Im 22 and wouldnt dare grow in anyones property without there permission. Plus it could make your personal circumstances worse than they already are. My advice would be to get your self to the local housing athority im sure if your working youll be able to get a property pretty quick alot of them have schemes in places for working people. Thats what i did when i was 18 anyways and i have not paid a penny to a dealer since. Good luck, stay safe and dont take risks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (29-01-17), ggotch (30-01-17), greengiant (28-01-17), Trex (29-01-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast